• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can i find a "special" temp. Probe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knrenfrow

Registered
Hey,

I want to find a digital therm. + temp probe..something that reads out the temperature of w/e the temp. probe is in..and also acts as a switch..

The switch should be automatic for a set temp...like 20 F or something, so it'll turn the ac unit on/off when it gets to that temp :p...the readout for the thermostat isn't a big deal...i could just get another probe for that..i just REALLY need the switch..i figure SOMEONE here has had one like this at some point..

Please respond ASAP

Thanks!

-Kyle

hmm..

Hey,

The probe out of my ac unit is simply a "cooler" or "warmer" switch, and that's not what i want..i need a switch that i simply set a temperature that it should 'stabalize' at, get what i'm saying??

Like, if i set the temp to 25 F the n the probe gets to 24 or w/e..it'll turn the switch off, the 26..it'll turn the switch on..get it?

-Kyle

you need some kind of thermostat.....

you can get one for controling your funace in your home, but they are fairly expensive depending on what you get. On the plus side they are extreamly programable, so you could set it to chill your water in the morning so it's cold when your ready to turn the comp on, and then automatically turn everything off again at night:)

On the cheaper side of things.... you know those ugly *** round thermostat pieces of junk on the walls of older homes, one of those would do the trick nicely. I would assume there are newer electronic versions of those around now too that should work fine for fairly cheap.

You can probably just go the the nearest hardware store and look for a thermostat of any kind, there will be tonnes of them that will work for you.

Hey,

I was thinking of just using a plain thermostat, but those won't work because, they don't really have probes..it's all mechanical, not electrical..

Like, the metal coil expands resulting in pushing a mercury switch on, or off..that won't work because i can't submerge that into water..i need something that simply has a probe i can place in the water, that'll run to the thermostat, and that'll simply say,

if($probe_temp <= $max_temp) :
//turn the switch off

else :
//keep the switch on, or turn it on if it's off
endif;

lol, that would be a basic if statement for it :p ..heh

any ideas?

-Kyle

Back