• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What chip is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo_18

whats the better chip to have out of the 2 chips?

1. AXDA2000DUT3C# 2000+ 1667 Mhz 266Mhz 1.60V 61.3W 38.3A
2. AXDA2000DUT3C 2000+ 1667 Mhz 266Mhz 1.60V 60.3W 37.7A

heres is whats on my chip

AXDA2000DUT3C

Stepings on my chip are
KIXHB

although there prob, is not much of a diff,

and i am going to guess that the two chips both are Thoroughbred B with 0.13y.

If you have the option, I would try both. There have been many cases where CPUs of the same class and stepping OC very differentally. It could be as much as a 2-300mhz difference. It all depends upon the grade of silicon that lies on *your* CPU.

That being said, I'd try both and sell the weaker CPU on ebay.

Those steppings indicate that they are indeed Tbred Bs. You can tell the difference between a Tbred B and an A by its stock voltage. If its over 1.65v it is a Tbred A, since Bs have a lower default voltage.

2nd question... have you bought these CPUs yet? If not, I urge you to look at Newegg's Mobile XPs. They have that exact chip available for $60.

The mobile bretheren OC much much better since they use even lower default voltage. If its possible I'd pick one of those up. They work in every Socket A mobo without issues, so its a safe bet.. no hack jobs are required to get them to work

-Sen

just adding to the excellent suggestions from Sentential, just go for the mobile bartons, since you sound like knowledgeable about overclocking, you will definatley be happy. Assuming you already have those chips, test both of them,, however according to my experience and others DUT3C stepping was a lazy overclocker, the DLT3C were (are) the best. Good luck

i have the AXDA2000DUT3C with KIXHB stepings. but i was just wondering what the diff was in the 2 chips. coz one is AXDA2000DUT3C"the one i have" and the other is AXDA2000DUT3C#"the one i dont have". i have a good feeling that the chip i got is not to bad. coz it is unlocked and i have had it runing verry stable at 166 1.72v 12.5= 2600+(2.09gig). i would feel that i could get more out of this chip if i was runing PC3200 but i only got PC2700 so :rolleyes: . i know the mobiles are kickass chips. i have bin looking at the 2500+ mobiles. but sin my mobo craped out and i had to RMA it, coz the caps where bad on it:mad: bin doing alot more reading and trying to fig, how far i can really OC this chip.

Back