• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a Desktop 2500+ wrtk in an Asus A7V333 rev 1.02 board ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I aked this question in the mobo section and its been like 3 days and got 1 repsonse.

Would this cpu work in the A7V333 rev 1.02 board.

I checked on asus's website and they only mention the rev 1.01 and 2.0 and what they support, but no 1.02

Cuss my mom is buying my brother a new cpu to replace his 1.2 athlon, and since both of them have no clue about computer's i was ganna pick the 2400+ for him.

But if the 2500 barton will work, then im ganna get a 2500+ Mobile and give him my 2500 Desktop.

Why don't you drop your XP2500 barton into his mobo and find out for yourself. That's the best way to find out for sure.

The sooner you do that, the sooner you'll have your mobile.

Maxima and I busted our buts trying to figure out if the 1/5 devisor was working on those boards when we were rocking them. I had a 1.01 and mine worked and still worked at 166 but alot of other people had problems. I know maxima had a 1.02 or 1.04 cant remember, but he had is rockin it.

Here is some linkage from our previous work. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=141745

Lates

Yea on my other name along time ago, me and him used to have the highest overclocks back in the day when the ti 4600 and Pally's were suprime.

I just dont know if sticking my 2500+ is safe for all i know it could fry my cpu or something lol. I'll try it later.

hmm - I've got A7V333 (need to check rev) and I wanted to get Barton 2500+ (old). Personally I see no cons if BIOS is updated.
Is there FSB 166 to chose? Yes
To get Barton? Why not

Yea i called Asus they said it doesnt supports 166fsb cpu's. Im like uhh why not cuss wit hthat board iv gone u pto 190fsb overclock on my 2400+.

Man, that SUX a lot. So only rev 1.1 and 2.0 are ok? (I really need to check rev and put that barton on my mobo to test)

Ok, my thing looks like 1.04 - am I lost?

before bios update, I had only 100 and 133 mhz fsb to chose by default, now there's also 166. When I try to OC in bios, it shows next divisor on 150mhz FSB (150-30) and no other divisorss farther. I tried my Palomino up to 163mhz (but had to use overvoltage thing) and I really doubt that my LAN card would start at 41MHz.

I really don't want to run 200MHz on this mobo, but I'd like to run at least 12.5*166 with target of 13.5*166. (wiremod, but CPU is unlocked so I don't know if it works)

Last edited:
Ok, Bartons run on A7V333 1.04 - tested.

2500+ @ 12.5*166 without voltage change, also 11*200 (but at 1.75) with mem at 2-2-2-5, but screen artifacts possibly due to too high AGP speed. Maybe it could go more but I was unsure if I could damage card.

Back