• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New system based around XP-M 2500+.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbsg

Registered
Here it is:

DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra-B
AMD Athlon Xp-M 2500+
Golden Dragon GeiL 1024MB (2x512MB) UDC PC3200 400MHz DDR
TTGI TT-561 Mid Tower
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro ( Or something similar )
Foxconn PKP134 Socket A CPU Cooler
Maxtor DiamondMax 40GB 7200RPM ATA133
Various CCFL, UV Stuff, and everything else cool
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Im looking to OC my barton friend a tad bit. Gonna try and keep core voltage close to stock, raise FSB up around 240 or so, and get my multiplier up around 11 or 12. This guy should run pretty fast after this, If not then Im screwed........ :)mad: )
----------------------------------------
Anyways now that youv listened to the crap I have to say for no other reason then me getting the pleasure of looking at the names of all the pretty compu-parts im gettin, please post, at least one thing, about my new rig. And When I get this thing built and OCed I will post my project and results ina new thread. Peace out.......

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Nice rig there and it looks like you should be able to run at 240 x 11x or 12x. The only thing that's gonna prevent you from doing it is "Gonna try and keep core voltage close to stock". You're gonna have to go way past 1.7v to achieve those kind of overclocks.

Good luck@!!!

AMD really does have some cool running chips with these mobiles at running at 1.45v. Too bad any real overclocking really can't happen there.

Given that stock voltage for a standard desktop Barton is 1.65v, and that most electrical devices are designed to run +/- 10% of their nominal voltage, IMHO you should increase the voltage to at least 1.65 to find where your chip stands. That voltage is 100% safe, since the exact same chip you have is sold running that.

Ty guys, yea It wud be nice to keep core voltage down, but As im seeing herre, its dam near impossible, lmao. peace out

Back