• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does CPU interface do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

OK guys...i've been wondering..what does CPU interface do? y'know... in bios where u can change fsb and all that...theres optimal and aggressive...the mobo manual doesnt exactly give the best explanation

so does putting it on aggressive really give u better performance, or is it just there?

my guees says it would be preset settings from the manufacture of the mobo adjusting fsb/multipler/v-core. This way you don't have to mess with settings your self. I've never used it so i don't know how well it works.

my guese would say agressive is more harsh but more affective than optimal, but that's my guese.

god luck

CPU interface is like a small OC on the CPU and ram...its a performance booster...which is why most CPU's and memory wont boot after a certain FSB or Mhz with it enabled...

It uses more agressive latencies between the CPU and northbridge. As with tightening the latencies elsewhere, it gives you more performance per mHz at the expense of MHz. Never have it disabled if you can help it.

Gautam said:
It uses more agressive latencies between the CPU and northbridge. As with tightening the latencies elsewhere, it gives you more performance per mHz at the expense of MHz. Never have it disabled if you can help it.

alright, thanks im not ocing much, so ill enable it

Back