• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new fans for mach 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

just ordered new 120mm ys tech 125 cfm 45 db fans for my mach 1. the stock fans put about 65 cfm so im hoping i get a degree or 2 gain from them at least.
i tried and tried to get some panaflo Ultras but couldnt find any, after a month of waiting for them to show up somewhere i decided to go with the ys tech fans.
i will have them on a nexus fan controller.

So you really can get better temps by just getting a more powerful fan?

What other modifications can you do to a mach I to OC it :)

I know you can change gas, but that sounds a little dangerous for me considering I'm a total noob to phase change :(

lol...why would you want to do that for. I think you should just leave the fans. Do you know that changing of the fans voids the warrenty on the unit. and 1 to 2 degree drop basicly means nothing. i wont gain any more fsb so whats the point. and more thing 45db is a bit lound.

i will have them on a fan controller, so sound wont be an issue, but the cooler it runs the better.
if colder isnt better then why not just go air cooling anyways?
these were not my first choice i wanted the panaflo U fans but i waited and waited for them and never could find them.
http://www.svcompucycle.com/120x38mmystech.html
i will let you know if it helps temps any. it does help sound to have them on a fan controller though.
and when i want to benchmark or when i need the power its there for me to control at the turn of a knob.

I suspect everyone here have done this or very possibly a lot better, but I boosted my prometia cooling with 7-8°C :)

Most of you might even have H2O on the NB, but I was using the passive HS on the A7V600.
I knew it couldn't be good having that much warm air directly under the cell, so I put a 92mm low rpm fan on my Radeon blowing at the NB.

NB temp went down 2°C and CPU temp 7-8°C :)

Finken said:
I suspect everyone here have done this or very possibly a lot better, but I boosted my prometia cooling with 7-8°C :)

Most of you might even have H2O on the NB, but I was using the passive HS on the A7V600.
I knew it couldn't be good having that much warm air directly under the cell, so I put a 92mm low rpm fan on my Radeon blowing at the NB.

NB temp went down 2°C and CPU temp 7-8°C :)
you replaced the fans in the promey and got 7 to 8 C lower temps?
i have a fan on my stock B and it seems pretty good, i did replace the stock tim pad with AS5

no, I put a fan blowing over the heatsink on the north bridge.

It's passive, so the warm air from it was heating up the cell a lot!

but as I said, most of you probably have active air cooling or even water cooling on it...
It just hasn't been an issue before

Back