• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone try the Abit AN7 mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenshiro

Hi everyone,

i know this is the CPU section, but i think most of the overclockers check this section the most, so I am posting there. I do hope the forum master won't delete this tread.

As stated in my sig below, I have an unlock 1800 JIHUB. I wanna change my mobo because the Asus board i have craps out when I gave too much Vcore. I know the prefered board to use is the Abit NF7-S. But Abit just came out with the AN7 board. In the reviews I read in Newegg.com, most people just push it to a 3200 with their barton 2500. I am wondering if anyone here really push their O/C on this mobo.

http://overclockers.com/articles957/
Here's a good review on it.

It seems as though there is no real overclocking difference between the NF7-S and the AN7. One thing I have noted, however, is that the AN7 can provide MUCH higher voltages for DIMM.

What about the recent "complains" about the NF7-S not as good as before?

Can anyone verify this?

Sentential's got a new NF7-S, which overclocks better than just about all old ones. He's gotten it to a 247 MHz FSB :eek: . I think that most of the latest NF7's are quite solid, and whatever issues they used to have have been ironed out. The AN7 is another story. They almost never seem to go far beyond 215MHz or so. With all that said, today's preferred board is the DFI Infinity. I'd go with that if you're upgrading.

Yeah, a lot of people have been complaining. The main problem is that the NF7 depending on the revision , 2.2 or 2.3 or 2.4.....
Some won't go over 200 fsb, others 215. The problems that I have read about the AN7 are that while the NF7 can be stable at the higher overclocks, the AN7 is almost never stable above 220. (not exact figures, I haven't read the thread in a while), but that was the main thing.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=288605&highlight=AN7
Good luck :)

What about the issues of BIOs corruption on the DFI Infinity mobos? I dont want to RMA a mobo all the time. It is extremely troublesome.

Back