• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got xp-m, need advice on temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coil

Registered
As the title says, ive got my xp-m today stepping of IQYHA AXH2500FQQ4C 0402 SPMW.

Ive managed to overclock it to these settings using abit nf7-s rev 2 mobo:

2400mhz (200x12) @ 1.6v 40 idle 42 load

2500mhz (200x12.5) @ 1.675v 45 idle 48 load

2600mhz (200x13) @ 1.825v 49 idle 56 load

Im using air cooling, a sp-97 with a noiseblocker fan on it.

What temperatures are ok for constant use? Id like to use the 2600mhz but not sure if 56 is to high.

56C is okay if it is a load temperature... If that is an idle temperature that is not good. You need to run prime95 or F@H and find your load temps for those overclocks if you haven't already... Load temps should be below 60C.

If you use F@H to load your CPU the folding team guys will help you set it up.

Ive run the sandra burn in test 5 times, ill do a prime95 test now as i dont know what the other thing is :p

The other thing is a distributed computer effort that utilizes spare CPU cycles - when you don't use your computer, the program automatically runs (like a screensaver) and simulates protein folding. It's hosted by Stanford University in hopes of finding cures to diseases like cancer and other things caused by protein folding defects. Many people are a part of the effort - if your interested you can private message me or click the AIM icon below my post to chat. :)

Back