• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ M, Mod required for 200FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hay112

Registered
Sorry for the noob question, but i couldnt find the answer in a search. I have a 2600 barton right now but i'm gonna buy a 2600 mobile tomorrow. Will i be able to set the FSB to 200 right out the box or will i have to perform a mod?

by the way i'm using an NF7-S

My 2600+ was fine right out of the box. As long as the mb is capable it should be fine. Being it is unlocked, you can lower the multiplier and raise the fsb.

As long as your memory supports that fsb, you should have no problems. I would do the L12 mod to default your chip to 200fsb, because that will also help you get a better max fsb, especially on that board.

Btw, get a 2400+ XP-M. They overclock just as well as all of the other mobiles.

wicked-one said:
As long as your memory supports that fsb, you should have no problems. I would do the L12 mod to default your chip to 200fsb, because that will also help you get a better max fsb, especially on that board.

Nice advice...what I would of stated also...

except the 2400M's...don't see to many 2400m's running at 2.6Ghz at 1.75 - 1.8v's...

Also, my 2600M could do 11x200 (2.2Ghz) at default voltage (1.45)...and could run 100% stable at 10.5x200 (2.1Ghz) at 1.35v's...

Actually if you look around here...you will see that most 2600m's run at 2.6Ghz between 1.75v and 1.8v...some of the newer 2500's run at even a lower voltage and lower temps at the same Ghz...and can actually OC to 2.7 stable...

Dont go on the sticky...most are not updated all the time...just do a search for 2600m's and you will see where there are members that are posting the same results as me...

but at the same time, I do not know what the newier 2600's do...if the pattern is like the 2500's...the 400's would do better...since mine is a 348...

Back