• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking 2500-m

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkmaniac

Hi there!

I have a abit an7 and 2x256 pc3500 geil ultra platinum , thermaltake volcano 12,raidmax 420w Psu, and i just bought a 2500-m .. i don't have a great overclocking experience :rolleyes: and for that reason i need your help... i just notice that my ram is working at 266 mhz maybe because of the mobile's 133mhz bus (right?) and because of the 1:1 ratio.. i have a friend that told me to raise the fsb to 200mhz and to set the multiplier to 11, getting 2200mhz (a small overclock..but i don't need more) and working at 1:1... and he said that the system will be 100% stable, my question is.. will i have to change the cpu voltage or any memory settings to get it work stable??

ps : i notice in this forum, of ppl talking that the mobile voltage is 1.45v(?) but in my bios it says that the voltage is 1.55 (i think..), can this be a bug?

sorry about my nobbiness :bang head

no it's not a bug...
at what vcore setting are you at right now?
if it's at 1.55 in bios, then it's pretty good if your system is stable right now. just go back into bios, and set the multi up to the next bin... 11.5 at same vcore... run some tests on your system to see if it works stable enough. if it doesn't boot up, then adjust your vcore one bin as well. from 1.55 to 1.60... or what ever the an7 shows. remember, you're just trying to find out what your proc will do. your an7 will be able to adjust both fsb (front side bus) and multi (pass 12.5) without much problems. let us know how your proc does.

Right now, i don't have it overclocked.. thats why i ask those questions, but i will try to do what u said

Why did you buy all of that gear if you didn't need to overclock much?

Set the vcore to 1.65, the fsb to 200 and set the multi to 11. That's really all you need.

I would seriously ask your friend to help you overclock it more, though, since I'm guessing he's the one who set you up with those components?

Back