• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this 2500-M good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
Stepping: IQYHA 0408 RPMW

So far it does 2.5ghz at 1.75v, but since my 2700 only did 200mhz, and since my motherboard wont do 13 multi, I cant take it any higher. Anyways, since its hot out, I keep it at 2.4ghz w/1.675v. Do I have a good stepping for OCing though? I sold my ram and old barton for 225$ total, and I guess I have to cough out another 40$ for the RAM i want ( Mushkin 1GB 3200 level 1 pack ), anyways, do you think my cpu can go higher than 2.5?

you temps are a bit too hot, i was getting better with alx800...

i know it's summer and all but check air flow in the case, m/b you could find a way to drop a couple of degrees. seems if you are doing 2.4ghz at 1.675v and 2.5ghz at 1.75v, it's not cpu, it's the temperatures.

i'd say your mobile is very good... just find a way to move some air around it...

wicked-one said:
Yes, you have a very good stepping. :cool: You might be able to take it higher, but you didn't list your temps.

If you need access to the higher multipliers, it's a simple pin-mod away:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279392

I have some questions about multipliers.

When people refer to that they can't "do" or "select" 13+ multipliers does that mean the BIOS won't save the higher 13+ multiplier setting or there is no choices on 13 or more multipliers for them?

I'm a little curious because i'm using the same Abit NF7-S (Rev. 2, BIOS 1.9) motherboard as CircuitBreaker8, but in my BIOS options i can see up to 21 multipliers? I dare not to choose higher because i'm still a newbie overclocker and taking my time.

I just overclocked my XP-M 2500+ to (200x11 = 2200 Mhz) @ 1.5v. I think i can choose a lesser vcore than this but i think the NF7-S undervolts a bit?

Another question about multiplier is there mainly used for upping core speed right? Will it also increase temperatures? I noticed when changing multipliers it doesn't have the "Saving your settings ... please do not turn off..." message. Everytime i get that message I'm nervous if a storms hits it will screw up my BIOS. My area has been raining a couple of days...

Last edited:
i have the same stepping and i have been running 10x250 on an alx800 with a 39cfm fan 37c full load 1.625 vcore i think, can't wait till my watercooling comes, hoping for about 2.7ghz

I have the same steppings and I was running it at 2640 (11X240) with some minor issues that still have to be worked out. Its on an Albatron board but I have an NFII Ultra Infinitay that I am about to mod (if I get the ZIF thig straightened out).

It's a great stepping. You have got to hve the momory though. It's got to be BH5/CH5; BH5 > CH5. I'm running CH5's and my FSB cuts out at aroung 250. I can get into Windows, but its not stable.

Right now, I'm running a M2600 as in sig and exercising the FBS. It's looks like it stable at 240 so now its time to up the multipliers.

I can get a 250fsb with mine boots into windows everything runs great but when I run a test on my ram through DOS it errors in 5 sections and I don't want to take it to 3.1v

Back