• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good burn in guide?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

Im going to be overclocking for the first time... and I realize, I have no idea of the proper ways.

honestly I have no clue about any of it. I couldnt change the FSB or multi if I wanted to.

is there a good guide on it? suprised there isnt a sticky in here pertaining to it...

like a newbie guide to overclocking an AMD.

THANKS! I knew someone must have written it. I dont understand why that isnt still stickied. answered all of my questions. didnt totally explain HOW to change the FSB and multipliers other than it being in the bios; also just mentioned the CMOS jumper but didnt explain it. but Im sure I can find it in the bios, and the manual should explain the CMOS, it resets to default settings doesnt it?

Yeah read the manual before you do anything.
Post your entire system specs, it makes a big difference what your setup is.

CMOS jumper is in the manual and it resets your mobo, Don't forget to put it back after reseting the mobo and do so only if you need to reset everything.

So read the part of the manual where FSB and multiplier settings are explained and be sure to post all your specs here.

MHz speed = FSB x multiplier.

dfi lanparty
amd 2400+ mobile 35w
hyperX pc3000(1gig)
BBA 9800pro
watercooled cpu, NB, and GPU

I plan to do the L12 mod, which from searching and reading in my case means I put a wire between 28 and 30. and thats it.

Do you really need that mod?

That's a nice setup you have, I'm sure it'll overclock great if your power supply brand is up to it, good luck. You may need to increase both Vcore and Vdimm voltage voltage for major overclocks.

I donno if I need it, heard some people were maxing out around 218FSB and the L12 might help that.

Back