• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu diode???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yairgo

wtf is this and what are normal temps for it, i have my 2500 clocked to a 3200 right now about 2.2 gigs, everything is running fine, voltages is at 1.85, but what is cpu diode, says the temp on it is 116 degrees celcius????

its a regular barton, it would have melted @ 95'C. He meant F or reporting is waaay of.

yazz88 said:
its a regular barton, it would have melted @ 95'C. He meant F or reporting is waaay of.

i guess the program is messed up cause it said C... oh well its still runnin so i guess nothigns too wrong

not all motherboards can read off the CPU diode. That is why you might be getting crazy temps.
what program are you using? If its MBM5 look at the website for what sensors to choose for your motherboard to get the correct readings.
CPU Diode is a special diode that is placed somewhere inside the core, and supplies a certain voltage level depending on temperature, if measured correctly that voltage will represent a dead on accurate temp monitoring system, or overheating protection as it is very fast. Many motherboards use the thermal diode to protect your CPU from thermal damange. only some motherboards can actually read the temprature from that diode.

Back