• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2800XP runs COLD!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wizdon

Registered
My new Barton 2800 non mobile (12.5*166) at stock voltage (1.65v) & frequency is running at 28c general use (surfing). Ambient is 18c and case is 24c. I thought my abit nf7-s was reporting incorrect temps, but ye olde finger touch showed the heatsink to be slightly cool to the touch (!!).

In alarm, I reseated the HSF, it has full contact and seems to be working perfectly.

This is the thing: I'm running side open, no case fans, and a volcano 9 (with duct mod) at 1400rpm (read: silent)

Full load temps are about 38c, but increasing the Volcano 9 speeds to 2500 (barely audible) see it running smooth at about 35c. I can just hear the volcano over my stock NB and 9800 pro fans (soon to be replaced anyway with passive NB and Arctic Silencer)

It is multiplier locked (mobiles not available here) but I think I have a ripper of a chip that'll probably get over 200mhz fsb (*12.5) once I get these dirty voltage fluctuations sorted out (they're pretty severe).

At the moment, I'm rock stable on 191mhz*12.5 (2385) @ 1.85v. I'm sure I can hit 2.5GHz with a stable voltage. I'm ordering in some mosfet heatsinks and I'll see if that helps, but I'm pretty sure my 300watt Antec PSU is the main culprit. :p

(running Geil pc3200 512mb @ 2-3-3-6)

Back