• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible to repair the broken pins on a CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Heres the story, i had a 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C, used it for a long long time, loved it to death... Then i got a 1800+ and started using that..

Then i wanted to get a 2600+ so i put it on sale (The 1700+)

Two days before i am about to ship the chip, my roomate stumbles upon my monitor in the middle of the night, knocks the chip off on to the ground....

:mad: :mad: :mad: THEN HE STEPS ON IT :mad: :mad: :mad:

Every single pin is either bent or broken, i'd say less than half pins completely broken off, the rest all bent.

I tried to bend back a few of the bent ones, but they just broke off. I used to work in a local PC shop makin PC's and sometimes i would bend pins slightly and just bend them back and stick them in...

but this, this is beyond me. =/ is this chip a goner or can i fix it?

F.Y.I: For some reason the core is still intact, not broken, aint that funny? But whats not funny is my roomate refuses to pay me for the chip =/

Umm if one pin is completetly broke noff you chip is dead sorry. Youre room mate ows u a cpu lol. Altho i would never have put it n top of my moniter i would have stuck in in those plastic cpu cases and ina safe place like i do all my cpu's.

lol you could sue your roomate. I think there is someone who solders pins back for I think around 25. I'll try to look for the thread but you could do a search about broken pins and will find the guy

those are motherboard Capsiters. I really doubt thier is a way to soldier the pins back on lol. Once its broke its broke. But if this guy claims he can soldier pins back on then i guess thier is way to do it

Back