• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this similar to phase change?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jo-Jo

i founf this picture on the web. what do you guys thing happened here?

Attachments

• faq4.jpg
    faq4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 251
how does the frost build up on the mcw50t? what would cause this?

really cold water being pumped through it by a water chiller of some sort

Look how far it's raised off of the PCB, and the foam around it. Money says it's got a TEC underneath.

My guess is both water chilling most likely done through phase change cooling and a tec. The block is raised off the pcb quite far but that would not account for the frost on the block. Also the insulated hoses lead me to believe that some very cold liquid is fl,owing through there.

is it me more do u guyz see those little water dripplets ready to be born and drop...which is not good!!!!! and it is def not good if they have a fan on the side and when the dripplets go to drop down to the bottom of the case the side fan pushes the water dripplets wherever and BAM_^___^^_____^___________________________

Attachments

• not good.jpg
    not good.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 91
Maybe he's doing what I was thinking about...

Using TECs on CPU and Vcard like a "lot" of people do, but cool both of them with a prommie (or similar) as a chiller.

That should get some awsome temps :eek:

EDIT: Well, you get it.. not cool them directly with the prommie, but cool them with cold water chilled by the prommie :)

ah and btw, if there's really a TEC under the block and still frost on the block I like what I see :)

There MUST be a refigerant running through that block.

I helped build a fridge PC .. Condensation was the main problem when using a 'super coolant' on a motherboard at room temperature so the mobo went into the fridge.

NOTE: Do Not put your power supply inside the fridge EVER. It is simply too hot and creates condensation on itself.

I didn't like the idea of expensives hard drives in there either but it worked fine.

Attachments

• picture 003(1) (small).jpg
    picture 003(1) (small).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 76
If you look closely you will see that is the same PNY 5950U that was damaged and I now own. I hope I can repair it :>

I have had a 51,900 score ... I'm lookin for that pic now :<

Attachments

• aquamarkthe50club (small).jpg
    aquamarkthe50club (small).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 73
BlueBall said:
There MUST be a refigerant running through that block.

I helped build a fridge PC .. Condensation was the main problem when using a 'super coolant' on a motherboard at room temperature so the mobo went into the fridge.

NOTE: Do Not put your power supply inside the fridge EVER. It is simply too hot and creates condensation on itself.

I didn't like the idea of expensives hard drives in there either but it worked fine.

OMG!! thats awesome.

Back