• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlock your post week 39 barton here for real!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I could swear that I made a comment about that several months ago.

Im glad someone else figured it out and got it to work

Yeah, wow, I'm an Intel zealot ;) and even I knew this was discovered many months ago and has since been used quite a bit. Just as described above, it doesn't work on any of the NForce chipsets.

You can force the power now function (once you enable the mobile bridges) to change the multiplier between 8 and 13 if I recall correctly.

yeah, i saw this earlier too, im thinking about doing it to my factory-unlocked t-bred, see if i can get this board to do a 166mhz fsb. i just wish there was a linux app for it.........think wine will work?

well, yes it works but there is a problem,./.......

1. First it only works on VIA(and some amd/sis(mabye)) chipsets.

2. Ok so for exaple... you have a 2400+tbred..133x15=2000 right well say you want to go for 200x10=2000..should be no prob right....wrong... Because the multiplier has to be changed from the desktop so you have to boot with your 15 multiplyer.(15x200)=3000(not possible, and if it was WHY would you want to lower your multiplyer to 10 in the first place...lol).

3. so you say way not boot at 133x15=2000 and then after booting lower the multiplyer from the destop using power now with CPUMSR, and raise the bus with clockgen or cpufsb(or others)Well thats seem all fine. but now there is another problem......

Via motherboards have AGP/PCI deviser ratios(pci are NOT locked)
to boot with a 133 bus you have to have a 4:2:1 FSB/APG/PCI deviser(133/66/33), and there is no way(to my knowledge) of changing the deviser from the desktop, so when you raise your FSB to 200, your PCI/AGP will look like this>>>>>>>>>>>200/100/50...OMGosh. thats way to much.

and if you try to change the deviser in bios to 5:2:1/6:2:1 with a 133 bus unfornunatly you get a NO POST, because then the AGP/PCI buses are to low(44/22)or(52/26)

i know this all from personal experiance(sadly). i have two post week 39 chips. one is a week 48 2400+tbred, and the other is a week 52 2500+ barton. i have done the Mobile mod on both of then with NO avail......:mad: :mad:

so i just ended up buying the 2 mobiles i have is now, which obviosly did the trick, both 2600+XP-M's:):), which in my opinion , besides getin a pre week 39 chip, getting a true mobile is your only hope for an unlocked multiplier in the socket a world, well thats just my 2 cents........

think wine will work?

You can try to contact the CPUMSR developer, maybe he can kindly compile you a binary :D

If you want to run at high FSB just boot at low multiplyer, and change it in windows.

so wait, jess, are you saying that once you lower the multi in windows, that you cant reboot and run at that multi? pardon my french, but that sux.

oh well, all i really need is a way to get lower than a 13x multi, my board doesnt have the whole array of options there, only up to 12.5x.

Chuckman, what you need is a wire trick. but on the other hand, on your particular board change multipliers on the fly from windows will work. Ofcourse you have to mod your chip into mobile first.
Go here and choose Socket View and Unlock - multi via bios upto x12.5. It will show you where on the socket you have to insert the wire to get x5-x12.5 multipliers.

Chuckman.............no saidly you cant reboot an have the multiplier stay at what you set it to at the desktop...............

and even after the mobile mod the wire trick still doesnt work to change the multiplier upon boot....not with the "superlocked" post week 39 chips. not to my knowledge any way. i have a Abit Kv7 that i was doing this on and i couldnt get the wire trick as stated my TheCoolest to work, even after the mobile mod, that mod has worked for me many times befor with pre week 39 chips, (i have a few old durons laying arond..................

Back