• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new here...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImBurnt

Hello,

First, lovely forum! I've learned so much already. Thanks for having me, I hope to contribute if I can.

Second, I am OCing my new system (see sig) and have a disturbing reading from MBM5:

Case: 31c idle, 34 load
CPU Socket: 38c idle, 44 load
CPU Diode: 92c idle, 105c load <-----!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Obviously, I'm freaking the $#@! out about that diode reading but I'm also, perhaps stubornly, suspicious of it. I'm suspicious because 1) my bios hardware readings are inline with the case and socket temps (no diode reading though) and 2) I configured MBM with the KD18X pro, not the pro II, which is what I really have. I'm also priming fine and everything else seems righteous ;)

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks again for a great place to nerd-out!

it sounds to me that it's reading a temperature from the wrong spot. if you're on stock voltage and stock cooling, there's no way that you should have 92c temps. its probably just that the settings aren't configured properly for your motherboard. my diode reading used to be 86c on my soyo kt400 and it ran fine. its some kind of error.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, my voltages aren't stock but they're not outlandish either vcore=1.75, vdim=2.7. but, my diode reading was proportionately higher than my socket and case temps at stock Vs as well.

try the other diodes. even still mbm5 is not always correct. i don't trust its readings most of the time.

Back