• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multiplier question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yairgo

allright. i didnt want to run at quite 2.2 ghz, so my multiplier is at 11 and my bus jumps from 166 to 200 no other options there, normally its at 166, i jump it up to 200 and i dont think that my comp likes it that much so i lowered the multiplier and it tells me that its running at 1250 mhz, lowered multiplier to 10, last time i checked 10 X 200 was 2000, is there somethign that i dont konw, like that if you lower your multiplier that you have to change something else too....

specs are in my signature

I'm guessing the FSB goes to 100MHz, and multiplier somehow manages to get set at 12.5.
You only have PC2700 RAM. relax the timings, up the VDimm and try 200MHz FSB again.
Is your CPU even unlocked?

Oh and....
Welcome to the forums!

yeah its unlocked, i have had it clocked up to 2.2 before running as a barton 3200+ and my ram was working fine at the 200mhz, but when i would open counterstrike i would get these goofy fps spikes i dont know whats goin on, my friend thinks he knows what hes doing but all he ever changes is fsb without even lookin at the voltage. i just need to call someone and have them walk me through everything but oh well ill get over it, it runs fine as its factory self

Back