• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Xp-m Mobile 2800+ & 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it's practically the same thing as a 2500+ - why not just get one of those? almost every 2500+ does 200 x 11 @ 1.45v. of course, you're right, if i bought one it'd be my luck that i'd get stuck with a "overclockably challenged" processor.

I guess I'm like a few other out there who are LOOKING for the Holy grail of XP-M processors, as new steppings come out top end speed seems to get higher-maybe, maybe not.

Just going to have to check it out when they hit the street.

Nothing like waiting for the 3000mhz chip cooled on AIR

now, let's not be too greedy, i'd personally be happy if i could do 2.8Ghz with 1.8 volt on air :p

hell, i'd be happy if i could do 2.8 at any voltage with water. i'm running at the mighty 2.0 with a tbred b (my asus is "so-so")

Petr said:

XP-M 3000+ is a Paris core for socket 754 with 256 kB L2 cache, integrated 64bit DDR400 controller running at 1.6 GHz (core originally from A64).

how's that?

Mobiles:
Desktop Replacement group is 1.65v, 90*C max
Mainstream - 1.45v, 100*C max
Low Power is supposed to be 1.35v, but somehow in local shops, they say that 1800+ (Thoroughbred B0) is 1.45v

Here, in Poland for example they sell only DTRs ( :( ), so I wouldn't be suprised if there were no Bartons 2800+ and newer with voltage <1.65.

Petr said:

Believe it or not, it is that way. I was surprised myself AMD launched A64 core as an XP-M CPU.

so, they would go in the same socket as XP's then?

i checked - there's no paris or anything scheduled for the socket a. its dead to amd, they're making the big shift to 939 so they can get $1000 a processor that no one buys.

Back