• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanting to buy Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ven0m

Hey, I've got opportunity to buy Barton 2500+ for relatively nice price as for place where I live.
It's:
axda2500dkv4d 934304210721 aqxea 0340spfw

What do you think about it? And wtf is spfw :)
(plz, don't tell me to buy Mobile, as I cannot afford it - they're expensive here)

Check the overclockers database for those steppings.

Since price seems like such a big consideration, why dont you consider getting a low end tbred-b?

I dont consider locks on bartons to be such a big deal people make them out to be. Yes, it's a bummer it's locked. But if just plan on doing moderate overclocking there's no better multiplier a 2500 could be locked at than 11 imo.

Why not to get low-end tbred? similiar price
locked or not - I think I'll preffer locked one, cause I want to go with wire mod and I can only choose with auto multiplier & fsb or manual all.

I was just curious about overclockability (14*166? more?)

Ok, I'm VERY desperated.
Example - I buy Barton-M (here they sell only 1.65v ones). My mobo is A7V333, which theoretically supports max 12.5 multiplier. Wire mod would be no problem for me.

Any chances for running that thing 14-15*166?

Back