• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powernow/CPUMSR on the KT133A (multiplier adjustment)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

intx

Has anyone managed to use multiplier adjustments on a VIA KT133A? I can't seem to get it to work. Would appreciate any help, or success stories with a KT133A chipset.

Thanks

yep i got a epox motherboard here and i unlocked my 600mhz duron with a pencil and its doing 800mhz at 1.55V on a stock 2400+ cooler sitting at 45C full load no case fan or problems :)

From what I understand there are some mixed results with the KT133A chipset. Although some of these chips were being used in Palomino laptops, it doesn't always work on them.

Any idea if all KT133A chipsets are the same, or are there two versions of it, one with powernow and one without? I'm starting to wonder because some programs detect it as a KT133A, and some as a KT133. I've spent countless hours trying to get it to work by tweaking pci registers.

It'd be really cool if someone who has it working on a KT133A could show me a screenshot or a saved data file of their registers, so I can try and see if it works. Please? anyone?

detecting powernow

anyone know how I can check for powernow support in the motherboard?

intx said:

It'd be really cool if someone who has it working on a KT133A could show me a screenshot or a saved data file of their registers, so I can try and see if it works. Please? anyone?

do u mean u just want a screen shot of CPU-Z or something like that

i bet i sound like a right noob :eek::p

Last edited:
Steven4563 said:

do u mean u just want a screen shot of CPU-Z or something like that

i bet i sound like a right noob :eek::p

The program I use to edit PCI Registers is WPCredit. You can get it from here, or google for it. A screenshot would be nice, but if you could perform a register save and upload/attach the saved file somewhere, that'd be better. :) It'd save me the time of manually editing each one to match yours. :D
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html

Hey, if you can help me get this to work, you're a genius as far as I'm concerned! :D

It seems to work on some boards but not on the others. I don't know why. VIA says KT133A supports PowerNow!. One thing is for sure - if the PCR settings presented on my page do not work, then you have the wrong revision.

The reason why programs detect KT133A as KT133 is that both chipsets have the same IDs, only revisions differ.

Petr said:
It seems to work on some boards but not on the others. I don't know why. VIA says KT133A supports PowerNow!. One thing is for sure - if the PCR settings presented on my page do not work, then you have the wrong revision.

The reason why programs detect KT133A as KT133 is that both chipsets have the same IDs, only revisions differ.

Do you know if revision 3 is good enough? And I do change the Host to PCI bridge, not the PCI-PCI bridge, correct?

could someone who has this working, show me the revision id using wcpuid, chipset section under the right? Or WPCredit's 8th field (00,08) in 8bit mode.

Mine is 1106:0305.03

Back