• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ONly 128k L2 Cache on my mobile barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chronos_s

Hey guys...

Soimething fishy going on here... i bought a 2nd hand mobile barton 2500 and every reading i get says it only has 128k of L2 cache... wtf?

Memtest, sandra, prime, all say 128k L1, and 128K L2

Help?

Look at numbers - AXDx2500xxxXx
x - not important
X - how much cache should be, 4 for 512
if it's 4 - look into bios for settings; possibly processor cache is damaged

I really dont feel like taking my heatsink off right now (SP-97, the one that screws on) but i think it would be 100% safe to assume its meant to be 512k right, cause its a barton?

Bah i can't believe its damaged... i knew there was something fishy about that sale

I dont have 3dmark 2001 but i have 2003. click here to see what it tells me about my system.

Does that help? I would like to fix this if possible :(

Last edited:
he means run full tests to see if it actually has only that amount of L2 cache (can then tell by comparison to others). Might just be a reading error rather than actually missing cache

oh i see... isnt there a quicker test i could do to determine my usable cache?

I'm sure those proggies are telling the truth and since you said you bought it 2nd hand the cpu might have been modified.

Back