• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How you seen this device to unlock AMDs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papsomax

Here is a link to a device that supposedly unlocks Athlons. The catch is the model number has to begin with AXDA.

I'll have to check my locked Athlons and see if this device works. WOuld be nice to oc besides fsb.

Hooah!

If you had the motherboard of Gigabyte GA-7VAXP-A Ultra,then using the DIP Switches you can change the multiplier of your AMD

Maybe it just drops multipliers frm range 13-... to ...-12.5.
Anyway - if you get this thing, plz test it and tell:
- if it works with late superlocked things (I bet that not, but I hope I'm wrong)
- it has to connect to pins, so plz tell what are resistances between them (holes in this plate)

So we'll know how to copy thing :>

//edit//
I was too fast with posting :]
1003.jpg

Can you see it? Waste of cash.

If you had the motherboard of Gigabyte GA-7VAXP-A Ultra,then using the DIP Switches you can change the multiplier of your AMD

That only applies to multiplier "unlocked" AMDs, not locked AMDs. You can changed the pins all you want, but on a locked cpu, nothing happens.

Again the caveat is this: The catch is the model number has to begin with AXDA.

It only switches 5th FID from HI to LO by doing short circuit, switching from 13x - 24x multipliers to 5x - 12.5x range. It is only useful for Athlon XPs with default multi 13x or higher on motherboards that know only 4 FIDs. But for it's price, only idiot would buy it when you can do the same with a small wire that costs nothing.

Petr said:
It only switches 5th FID from HI to LO by doing short circuit, switching from 13x - 24x multipliers to 5x - 12.5x range. It is only useful for Athlon XPs with default multi 13x or higher on motherboards that know only 4 FIDs. But for it's price, only idiot would buy it when you can do the same with a small wire that costs nothing.
couldnt have put it better myself!

Back