• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topslop1

What kind of heatsinks are the A64's using? I'm looking at picking up an OEM 3000+ with an MSI K8T800 Neo Fsr. I have an SLK-900a right now. I was wondering if I should stick with this one or get myself an SP94 or whatever was fitting this. Is it the same deal as the current AMD socket A's or what?

The SLK948U is the only Thermalright heatsink that works on A64's. The SP-98 is due in a month or so, supposedly.

I just bought one from SVC.com thinking of going with the mobile AMD 2600+. But now I am having serious considerations about going the AMD 64 route. Decisions decisions decisions...

I just came from a 2600 mobile and I can say that it is one sweet and cheap ride to a fast computer that is fun to overclock. I'm not sure where I'm headed right now - I'm torn between p4 and AMD to be honest.

topslop1 said:
What kind of heatsinks are the A64's using? I'm looking at picking up an OEM 3000+ with an MSI K8T800 Neo Fsr. I have an SLK-900a right now. I was wondering if I should stick with this one or get myself an SP94 or whatever was fitting this. Is it the same deal as the current AMD socket A's or what?

Out of curiousity, did you have to file down the mounting screws to get the Thermalright to make proper contact with the DTR CPU?

Back