• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2.8 Locked, u help me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pirigoso

hi guy's, please i from brasil and my nick are danger : )
i have one abit nf7-s 2.0 and 1 processor barton 2.8 mult locked
ALXDA 2800 DKV4D
2380 786L30942
AQYHA 0350XPMW

help you with what? overclockign it?

well the 2800 barton has a multiplier of 12.5, and a 166 fsb. now your board can easily go to about a 210 FSB no problem, but your cpu will probably max out befor that point.

depending on what ram you have, you can start to turn up your FSB to higher and higher speeds, but do it slowly testing for stability as you go. Since you can't change your multiplier, you basically can just slowly inrease your fsb and your Vcore a little untill you stop being able to operate stabily.

You heatsink will also be a big factor in this. Brasil isn't exactly a cold place, so your temps are going to be pretty hot. Keep an eye on them to make sure you don't go to high and fry anything.

Good luck.

If u have some ram that can handle 200fsb then youre fine, seeing as youre board will handle 200fsb no problem i wouldnt worry about anything except youre cpu crapping out before u reach 200.

12.5x200 is 2500mhz youd be lucky at all to reach 2400 and stable on youre desktop proc. Seeing that most desktop Barton start to crap out @ 2.2 or 2.3ghz whe ni say most that about 70% of them

CandymanCan said:
If u have some ram that can handle 200fsb then youre fine, seeing as youre board will handle 200fsb no problem i wouldnt worry about anything except youre cpu crapping out before u reach 200.

12.5x200 is 2500mhz youd be lucky at all to reach 2400 and stable on youre desktop proc. Seeing that most desktop Barton start to crap out @ 2.2 or 2.3ghz whe ni say most that about 70% of them

I must be in the top 30% then.. I di 2450 easy at 1.7 Vcore :)

If you want to change your multiplier you must do something with your L1 on your CPU....i think you should bridge the the L1......

No the L1 trick is for Palominos - L1's on Bartons already closed - though judging by the initial posters cpu manufacture date it would seem to be superlocked - that coupled with an NF2 board means he cant adjust the multi and has to overclock via the FSB only.

OC Detective said:
No the L1 trick is for Palominos - L1's on Bartons already closed - though judging by the initial posters cpu manufacture date it would seem to be superlocked - that coupled with an NF2 board means he cant adjust the multi and has to overclock via the FSB only.

hmm i thought all the bartons were miltiplier unlocked. and that it was actually the mobo manufactures that were stoping people from getting the multiplier options with their bios. and i thought ABits Nf7-s was one of the boards that did support the unlocked chips showing all multies?

guess i was lucky too my 2800+barton runs 2600mhz, although she is power hungry it takes 2.2v, along with chilled water cooling! :D

walldow said:
hmm i thought all the bartons were miltiplier unlocked. and that it was actually the mobo manufactures that were stoping people from getting the multiplier options with their bios. and i thought ABits Nf7-s was one of the boards that did support the unlocked chips showing all multies?

guess i was lucky too my 2800+barton runs 2600mhz, although she is power hungry it takes 2.2v, along with chilled water cooling! :D

Nope. CPU = holder of all multiple power now. mobo is just availability of which multi's you can use.

my barton 2800 is maxed out at 2.29 GHz :( any higher and it fails prime95 in less then 10 mins...!

walldow said:

Where were you for the last half a year dude? AMD started locking all their chips since '0340s.

The Coolest said:
Where were you for the last half a year dude? AMD started locking all their chips since '0340s.

LOL in the dark ages i guess! i just bought a Barton 2800+ back in feb and the thing was completly unlocked (cant remeber what the stepping is probly pre 0340, before they implamented the locks). actualy i havn't surfed the CPU section of the forums since i got the chip. i have been busy with my fx 5700 volt modding artical and benchmaking for the OC-3dmark team.

Back