• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2600+ questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninja Guy

Ok, first off I'm using WCPUID and MBM5 for all this stuff. Well I got my new comp with a Barton 2600+ up and running, and wanted to overclock the CPU. I went into the BIOS and messed with the bus speed, at first putting it at 200MHZ, and the vcore at 17.5. Heh, I booted up and my processor was in the 55C range (this is IDLE mind you) and after a few seconds it just shut itself down. So I went in again and then tried 166MHZ and a 17 vcore. It was still running in the low 50s. I went in again and lowered it to 133MHZ and this time when I noticed the multiplier wasn't locked (unlike most 2600+) I tried moving it from 11.5 to 12. This time I was in the high 40s/low 50s under minimum load. I'm just curious what settings I should mess with in the BIOS to get this thing up to good shape? I mean, WCPUID says it's running at 1150MHZ at default. Also, I'd really like to keep the temps as low as possible, I'm using a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu so it should be able to handle most stuff. I'm also using 512 Kingston 2700 DDR333 and have an ASUS A7N8X Rev2.0 mobo. Also what is this I keep hearing about raising the FSB in increments? In my BIOS the only options are 100, 133, 166, and 200.

Back