• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg's present 2500 moblie cpu question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tango88

Registered
Hi all... I'm new to o/c. Presently using a 1700+ DUTC 03/02 and a NF7-S mobo. Thought of getting NewEggs 2500+ mobile xps. Is this stepping good? AXMH2500FQQ4C. Thks in advance.

Tango88 said:
Hi all... I'm new to o/c. Presently using a 1700+ DUTC 03/02 and a NF7-S mobo. Thought of getting NewEggs 2500+ mobile xps. Is this stepping good? AXMH2500FQQ4C. Thks in advance.

That is not the stepping code, it's the product identifcation number....

Stepping code = IQYHA etc

Thanks for your replies.... I'm running 2.2 ghz on my rig now(1700xp dutc). Does it have a noticable difference while playing games or surfing the net with this 2500/2600 mobile cpus?

Well the extra 512 Kb of cache works out at around 5% performance boost, and the extra 400 MHz you might get out of it would certainly make a difference in games, but with the net, it's your connection speed that is the bottle neck, not the computer itself.

thks biggles.... might get one mobile cpu to tide me till next year when the AMD64s get cheaper and fully utilised by softwares.... :)

Tango88 said:
thks biggles.... might get one mobile cpu to tide me till next year when the AMD64s get cheaper and fully utilised by softwares.... :)

same here, after seeing some previews for nforce3 250 made me want amd64 really bad but I've made my mind to stick with socket A until amd integrate their chips and apps to utilize them. looking ahead to the summer 2005 project (90nm/DC/sock939/DDR2/PCI-E).

Back