• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 700 OC, help plz :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithuanian

Before starting i want to apologise for my english, cos i live not in UK or USA.

My system:
AMD Duron 700 Mhz
DFI AK74-EC mainboard
GeForce MX400 64mb
256 mb DIMM
10 Gb Maxtor 7200rpm
...an other stuff.

Yes, like you see my computer is really poor, but i have read much about overclocking Durons, so i want to try this.
First of all my mainboard isn't very nice with overclocking, cos AK74-EC is not capable of multiplier adjustments like Abit KT7 RAID, so the only chance you have is to increase the FSB. But it could be increased only until 7*105. If you try more system doesn't boot up.
Only one way to overclock my CPU is to take out it, take a pencil and work it out. I read about it much, but i stll have some problems.
1. DO I HAVE TO UNLOCK CPU BY CONNECTING L1?

2. I DID IT AND THEN I INCREASED THE MULTIPLIER TO 11 BY CONNNECTING ONLY ONE BRIDGE AT L6. BUT SYSTEM DOESN'T BOOT UP. SO I ERASED THE CONNECTION. SYSTEM BOOTED UP....

3. THAN I READ THAT KEY TO GOOD OC IS TO INCREASE VOLTAGE. I TOOK OUT CPU AGAIN AND CONNECTED L7 BRIDGES SO THAT VOLTAGE SHOULD BE 1.75V. BUT BIOS SAYS ITS ONLY 1.5 LIKE NON-CONNECTED.WHAT'S WRONG?

How should i OC my CPU best. Should i connect and disconnect bridges using pencil and scalpel like in this picture?: http://www.guru.lt/over/2/page10.html

Thank you for your answers. If something is not clear, just ask.

Back