• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is wire mod required for Mobile CPUS???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenshiro

Well, I just recently order an ABit NF7-S mobo, and it should arrive any day now. I am thinking of changing my CPU. I am currently running a 1800DLT3C JIHUB. I have 2 questions here.

(1) Is it worth it for me to change my cpu to a 2600 Mobile?

(2) If i buy the mobile CPU, do I need to do wire mod on the CPU????

Please advice. Thanks.

1) Well, you get double the L2 cache ... I don't know much about the other actual performance differences, however.

2) No, it isn't necessary. It just helps some people obtain a higher possible max FSB.

With almost any mobile athlons on NF7 gurantees you 2.4ghz without any modding with supported memory. If you want to take it further, or mainly looking for fsb, then it might require you to wire mod.

Kenshiro said:
Well, I just recently order an ABit NF7-S mobo, and it should arrive any day now. I am thinking of changing my CPU. I am currently running a 1800DLT3C JIHUB. I have 2 questions here.

(1) Is it worth it for me to change my cpu to a 2600 Mobile?

(2) If i buy the mobile CPU, do I need to do wire mod on the CPU????

Please advice. Thanks.

Yes.... and yes.

Mobiles do atleast 2.4ghz..... I also had a 1800XP+.

The extra cache gives around 600-800 more points in 3d01SE. Mobiles are just like a Tbred... you *will* need to L12 them

Well, I think you should stipulate, probably ... I don't have an L12 mod on my mobile, and I'm running stable at 2500Mhz, but my FSB is only at 210. But it'll still run without a wiremod.

Sen - I've seen a few L12 mods floating around out there ... which did you use? And while you're at it, want to take a look at another thread of mine with yet ANOTHER question? :D http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=295200

My memory stick is only PC3200, so overclocking the FSB to slightly over 200FSB will be enough for me.

But I do hope to hit 2.5 Ghz if possible. For min. overclock, I want at least a 2.4Ghz.

So, what is a good stepping code for the mobile? I'm not too familiar with the stepping code, can someone please advice also?

i just bought my 7th mobile LMAO
two IQYHA0351MPMW from http://www.excaliberpc.com/

1. get the ones that start with "I"
2. 2nd letter is always "Q"
3. try to get the later alphabetical steppings such as "Y" or "Z"
4. MPMW seems to be one of the better ones (there are XPMW/TPMW/etc)

PC3200 should be able to do 220fsb just fine, and 2.5ghz isn't too hard to achieve

oc_byagi said:
i just bought my 7th mobile LMAO
two IQYHA0351MPMW from http://www.excaliberpc.com/

1. get the ones that start with "I"
2. 2nd letter is always "Q"
3. try to get the later alphabetical steppings such as "Y" or "Z"
4. MPMW seems to be one of the better ones (there are XPMW/TPMW/etc)

PC3200 should be able to do 220fsb just fine, and 2.5ghz isn't too hard to achieve

SEVENTH !! ..lol

I just recieved my IQYHA0351 2600 also.. you made me feel better now its only my second..lol

Thunda :)

Just got mine today..... Probably will try that out tonight, or tomorrow.

Back