• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just making sure before i begin ocing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

just making sure before i begin ocing.

m xp 2500+ and nf7

1) when i rize teh fsb do and it get unstable do i rize the core voltage or the ram voltage. (is that called DIMM or something like that?)

2) then after i rize the fsb to the highest what senting to i put the fsb at to find out my max muliplers. and i rize the core voltage right.

3) after that i should c which one will give me a high setting, higher FSB and low muilpier or low FSB and a high mitilper

4) what should be my max voltage.

thanks im just making sure.

with that 2500 you can slowly up the FSB , and it if needs more Vcore you can up that but watch your temps , dont let them get to far over 50'C. you 2500 stock setting's is 166 x 11 , you can try and get it to 200 x 11 then you will have your self a 3200. hope that helps

one thing to is you have to make sure your chip is unlocked before you can change your multi

Welcome To The Forum !

At first you will have to raise the Vcore. depending on how far you go with your ram then you can raise the Vdimm. ive raised my Vcore 10% and Vdimm .2 you got to test dif settings out dont add to much Vcore or Vdimm at first.

You have a mobile right? First, I would start off by raising it from its default of 1.45v to 1.65v. Assuming you have pc3200 ram, set the fsb to 200 and then raise the multipliers until it becomes unstable. At this point, either add more vcore or lower your speed to a notch below that. I prefer to stay below 1.8vcore, but many people here push as much as 2v through their poor chips.

At this point, write down what speed you got to, lets say 2400mhz, and then lower your multiplier back down to something like 9x. Then proceed to see how high you can get your fsb. When you get your highest fsb, lower it just a tad, and then adjust the multipliers to get close to your top cpu speed. You can raise your mem voltage, but I dont recomend over 2.9v, though ram is very hard to kill. Dont worry too much about it.

To test your stability, run a program like Prime95 for cpu or Memtest86 for your ram, both of which can be found by google.

After you have gotten your higher overclock, donate your spare cpu cycles! I suggest you join our folding team, found here: http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21

It pretty much uses your spare cpu cycles and a couple mb of ram to help scientists find cures for diseases like cancer, ect. It has virtualy no impact on system performance. Or, you can run seti, a search for aliens/space stuff by processing signals from space. Personaly, im more of a folding guy, but whatever flaots your boat, lol.

u raise vcore if ur cpu is limited, and vdimm if ur ram is limited. so if ur cpu can go up to 230 fsb but ur ram stops at 210, ur going 2 want 2 raise the vdimm and see if u can get the ram any higher.

yea ho thanks good info people thanks alot i still got some questions Yuriman i dont just set it at 1.6 and the FSB at 200 do it slowly right?

Back