• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hmm, this might explain my system instability. (56k!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yazz88

look at that. if the undervolting wasnt bad enough (1.525in bios)
voltage is jumping around like crazy. i have a tc-510 and using volt meter all rails are at spec or a tad higher. nf7-s are know for undervolting, is mine espcially bad? could somone with DFI use speedfan and please show me what you get?

2074.jpg

There is something else wrong...

NF7-S rev 2.0 running at 1.93 in BIOS...with a Tt 420 w/APFC...with 8 IE browsers open and CPU burn in and toast all running...while surfing the forums for those few minutes...the spikes are when I started up CPU Burn in...first spike...second spike is from Toast...

Speedfan.JPG

I KNEW IT! my board is just extra crappy. should i get rid of it you think? DFI infinty better? or AN7? btw, what happened to your mobile?

NO AN7...:mad:

Now do you have ramsinks on all of the mosfets...including the VDD and VBT mosets?...if not, this does tend to help the rails stabilize...

If anything...go with the LP rev B board...been talking to quite a few members that are having issues trying to run past 248 on the Inf.

And BlackJackel is now the owner of my 2600...

Here is a update:...

Speedfan2.JPG

VDD and VBT? I put sinks on the 6 mosfets.

btw, after 1 hour on the voltage chart, mine looks like yours, except 50 times more dense, more up/down spikes that is.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30893

You will see the moseft slightly above the 6 mosfets...that needs to be cooled...and also...in that picture...you will see a mosfet right under the AGP slot...this also needs to be cooled...(right underneath the 3.65 wording)...also...there is one right above the NB heatsink in that picture...right between the two caps...and right next to the +12 plug in...this should be cooled if possible also...

Got any links or recommendations for really good mofset coolers, or something that can be modded with a dremel to fit on a mofset? My SB is getting really hot, and I know the mofsets probably are, too. What do you attach those with, arctic alumina epoxy?

I'd also like to find something to mod into a really nice NB active cooling solution. Any HSF suggestions that will fit next to an SP-97?

glock19owner said:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30893

You will see the moseft slightly above the 6 mosfets...that needs to be cooled...and also...in that picture...you will see a mosfet right under the AGP slot...this also needs to be cooled...(right underneath the 3.65 wording)...also...there is one right above the NB heatsink in that picture...right between the two caps...and right next to the +12 plug in...this should be cooled if possible also...

im sorta confused....could you please point it out on the below pic. thanks.

nf7s-mobo-lrg.jpg

Sorry it took so long to reply...

nf7s-mobo-lrg.jpg

(I forgot to cirlce the VDD moseft...that is the one right above the top memory tab on the pic...(left tab))...

PerlAddict said:
Got any links or recommendations for really good mofset coolers, or something that can be modded with a dremel to fit on a mofset? My SB is getting really hot, and I know the mofsets probably are, too. What do you attach those with, arctic alumina epoxy?

I'd also like to find something to mod into a really nice NB active cooling solution. Any HSF suggestions that will fit next to an SP-97?

BGA ramsinks work perfectly on all mosefts except the top on...use a older full size ramsink for it...

AA or Thermal Tape...I personally like to use thermal tape on the mosefts...

As for the NB...I am not sure how much the side pipes stick out...if you could post a pic with a 97 mounted on a NF7...then I would know how much room there is...and then I could let you know what would be better...either modded or stock heatsink...

Does the thermal tape do as good of a job as alunima epoxy?

Actually, the way the SP-97 sits on the NF7, the heatpipes are facing the DIMM slots, so you're underneath the "wings" on the NB side (don't know of a better name for the edges of the HSF than wings .... lol. :) ).

I'd like to put some bigger heatsinks on my other mofsets, too, actually. I have a dremel with a nice little flex shaft, so I think I'm going to get my hands on some older, larger heatsinks and cut them up and stick them on there.

Back