• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I need the Neo Back-plate for the NF7-S mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenshiro

Just curious, I like to ask the onwers of the Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 using the SP-27 heatsink.

I have the above items combo. But before I tear down my old rig, I want to know if I need the neo back-plate? If I do, where do I get it from???

Please help.

Do you mean the SP-97? Because I don't see an SP-27 listed on Thermalright's website.

My SP-97 came with a backplate in the box, but I bought a retail version. I'm not sure if it's the same as the Neo Backplate they show on their website, but I did need it to install the HS on my NF7-S.

The default plate works fine. I have an SP-97 and an NF7-S rev. 2, and all I needed was the black backing plate that came with it.

If you look at their compatibility page, it also shows that the Neo plate isn't needed for the NF7-S rev. 2 ... just the NF7, so it says.

Looks like my new rig is identical to yours. I will try that out later tonight. Thanks.

Back