• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dry Ice FUN.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
heres some tips less water / soda more dry ice. I would highly recommend to anyone doing this if it doesnt go off soon enough DONT TOUCH. Where I work we play with dry ice and bottles all the time, you would not belive the pressure built up inside the bottles.

If you put in just a bit of water and TONS of dry ice the pressure gets CRAZY. I suggest aquafina bottles since they are ribbed and can build way more pressure and explode in this crazy pop of death.

i think i will have to try this stuff this weekend, since dry ice is easy and plenty cheap to get in bedford, texas. i think i will get like a 20lb. block and do bad things.....

~Magick_Man~

you can also use baking soda and vinegar. Takes a little longer though.

KKAT said:
you can also use baking soda and vinegar. Takes a little longer though.

good luck getting the bottle to actually explode with that combo. if you use the right mix of dry ice and water the bottle will be non existant. maybe you will find small nickel size pieces.

Dang, none of them got plastic shrapnel in the eye or got arrested. What a shame. :cry:

haha funny story:
my friends thought they were cool, so they did this with a 3 liter bottle and ALOT of dry ice and then they tied a big (bout 15 lbs i think)
rock to it and tossed it into the pool, in the center of his apartments (sounds kind of like a bad idea already)
about 6-7 seconds before it blew he could have swore it moved, then all of the sudden it floated up to the top......
needless to say they took off like crazy
a couple seconds later KABOOOOMMM!!!
they are back in their apartment and about 15-20 min later the police and a fire truck show up.some ppl gave them his description but his neighbors covered for him and he hasn't gotten in trouble, yet.....

this is really a true story believe it or not

~Magick_Man~

qualhiveldorf said:
Jeebus! I kept on thinking one of those was going to blow up in their hands. I'd be way too much of a wimp to throw one.
You can sacrifice your hands in the name of fun...

I HAVE to get some dry ice now... Problem is that I don't know where to get it and I only know adults that drive. My neighbor has his learner's but that's not enough. :(

BTW, anybody heard of Water-Loc? We were playing with it in chem today. My friend an I want to flush a bucket of that down a toilet...

qualhiveldorf said:
Jeebus! I kept on thinking one of those was going to blow up in their hands. I'd be way too much of a wimp to throw one.

I just got an idea... Why not shoot the bottle with a BB/Pellet gun? Safe yet fun!!! Who doesn't like shooting & blowing things up?

Cyrix_2k said:

I just got an idea... Why not shoot the bottle with a BB/Pellet gun? Safe yet fun!!! Who doesn't like shooting & blowing things up?

you'll need a powerful one to do that as it will be pressurized and hard.

will turn bottles into rockets = FUN!

Back