• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainted152

Registered
i have a meanwell s-320-12 power supply to run my pelt, but i have no clue where to power it up, i need 120v AC 6 amp for it and i would like it inside my pc case if i can rig that some how, any help would be great

thanks

its also got odd inputs, there's a obvious ground, but then there's a N and L which im not sure about

i found a couple things, i am not sure if they are what you are looking for but here we go
meanwell site
tech specs .pdf
mounting diagram

also i have heard that it can fit in a 5 1/2 bay not sure how but people have said they did it.

and you'll prolly need a relay of some sort to turn it on before your comp to let the pelt get cold

sry if i wasn't any help, i tried

~Magick_Man~

yes i found that info when i first ran into the problem, im still left being stumped with how to hook up the PS with the ac power, after that problem is solved i can deal with the inputs

but thats for a responce so quickly anyways

depending on your electrical knoledge/skills you can do a few things. The easiest thing to do would be to just cut a little hole in the back of the case and run a power cord through that. Make sure you put some sort of protection on the edges of the hole so it doesn't cut the power cord. Then just connect the powercord to the powersupply.

For a cleaner look, you can wire the meanwell to the power cord coming into your maid PSU, which would require you to open up the main PSU, and some soldering. You also have to make sure the cord going to the main PSU can handle the current it's going to be getting.

You will need a switch to turn on the powersupply, which should probably be a relay of the main psu so if someone else turns on your computer or you forget, you won't fry anything.

Back