• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400-m 35w initial results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

to begin I went to 200fsb and 10x. at 1.45volts, it ran. dont know if it was stable. dont have prime yet.

but it ran.

then dropped it to 7x and tried 210, no dice. upped the voltage, it wouldnt have anything to do with that.

getting ready to do a proper burn-in.

Im hoping Im just a huge noob.

cant get prime to run at all.

have the L12 mod done, and it seems to have worked as 200fsb and 5x multiplier is default.

but yet... I cant even run through 3dmark 01; I guess its getting errors and booting back to windows?

I have no clue, but its gonna suck if I cant run 200mhz at 5x. the memory timings are 2-3-3.

kingston hyperX pc3000

tried default voltage and 2.9volts.

its so wierd. its at 200 right now, and default multiplier which seems to be 7x. running memtest, no errors so far.

I have the voltage at 1.9 for the cpu and 2.9 for the memory to try and burn it in(I think thats how that works...)

but even though it has no errors, 3dmark wasnt running, itd run the first test and then go into windows.

you need PC3200 for 200FSB... the ram could very well likly be the fault in your situation
PC3000 is only rated for 188FSB

edit, wana let us know were you bought the CPU

yeah... I hoped to be able to overclock the ram. kinda hoping it turned out to be BH5 like a few others were lucky enough to get. guess not...

its at 200fsb, and 6x multiplier, memtest got 1200 errors. :(

so what MoBo???
if you can lock the PCI clock, set it at 180-188FSB and go from that point on...
If you cant, see where 166FSB will take you

180 worked. so Im running with that. running memtest up to test 3 error free so far at a overall speed that I'd be satisfied with... we'll see if it makes it. I doubt it.

well. not to jinx things, but after 1 pass in memtest it ran error free at 180x15=2706mhz.

1.9volts to the cpu, 2.9 to the ram. I suspect the ram doesnt need all that to run 180fsb.

my PC may not like high FSB, but it doesnt seem to mind insane multipliers. running at 42degrees as well, not bad at all...

Ill let it go overnight and see if it can keep it up. then maybe see about bumping the fsb a little or the multiplier.

2400 35w

were did you buy that CPU.. i might be in the upgrade market myself

Im a noob and dont understand it, but though memtest ran as long as I wanted at 180x15 it wont boot into windows.

I got it at excalibur PC about 2 weeks ago, I think their sold out for a little while now.

this was just a stupid idea. I never should have bothered with this overclocking crap. I now have 1200$ in junk that wont boot at 133x5.

it wont load windows, and I cant even get to the windows screen, because it fails during startup it asks about safe mode, hit start normally and it never leaves that screen.

I cant make it any slower, default voltage, default speed, default everything and it wont start.

just great. and I lack the knowledge to even begin to figure out what the problem is. it worked fine 30 minutes ago, then I bumped the fsb 5mhz from 185 to 190, and now it wont do anything no matter what.

temps have never gone above 42 degrees at any point, and that was during memtest last night, now its at 33, still nothing.

can anyone here help? :(

I cant do anything, I was in windows at 800mhz, then the screen went to jibberish.

rebooted, still jibberish from the start, cant get into the bios.

thats what its at.

trying to stay positive, but did I just burn up 1000$ worth of stuff? and I dont even know how?

reset the cmos, nothing

tried the thing that forces it to run at 100fsb. nothing.

Im losing it here, 1200 friggin dollars for 80lbs of ****. and Im mighty ****ed. I never did anything extreme to it I dont think, never went overly high on voltage, temps never went high. last thing I did was set the ratio to 1:1 and boot up at 133x10. voltage was 1.7 to the chip, and 2.7 to the ram. latency at 2.5-3-3 and now I get jibberish crap.

is this a vid card problem? is that why the image is messed up? it looks like screenshots when people flashed to a bad bios, but I havent done anything like that.

sounds like ur vid card is ****ed up

try using a different one

also if ur mem is KHX3000 it should have BH5/BH6 on it in which case it should be able to handle the high speeds, BUT make sure u run cas2, because sometimes at higher than that BH-5/6 will turn flakey

it was cas 2 and didnt like it.

I dont have a different videocard to try.

now I guess I try and rma the vid card, and if that doesnt work, Im done. I dont have another 200$ for another vid card.

PM me with you MSN / ICQ / AOl or e-mail adress....
I'll hold you hand through this if you want.
Step by step

Odds are everything thing is fine. so i am just waiting on that PM ok

I had this problem about a year ago. I tried everything in the book.

it ended up being a bad stick of ram. Plus it was the last thing I expected because it was only month old and never overclocked.

Back