• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.0V ok for 2000+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtf2

Registered
Im convinced my 2000+ will do 2.4ghz but I think It'll need 2.0v to get there. I can do 2.2gig at 1.8v stable but after that its hard to even get 2.3 stable. My goal is 2.4 and it'll almost boot into windows but then it reboots. I've done everything from lowering the ram timings to upping the ram voltage, lowering the FSB and cranking the multiplier but its all a no go. My ASUS A7N8X-X only goes to 1.85V but my buddy has an Abit NF7-S which will go to 2.05V. Im gonna try my chip in his board but do you think Im safe to try 2.0V on this chip? Im using a Volcano 9+ with Artic silver.
My power supply is some crappy 420W noname and Im using Samsung 3200 512mb ram with a heatspreader on it. Thanks.

the powersupply is probably what's limiting you, as no name PSUs are usually very bad, and usually when your PC just reboots it means that your power supply isn't up for it.

with amds you dont worry about vcore, you worry about temperature. If you can keep it down you can pump 2.3 into it. With no name psu you will have hard time keeping the system stable. If you do get it stable please tell us what psu you are using to be able to do 2.0 vcore

Back