• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on new rig!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gize

Registered
Okay guys, after all the info on here and taking in suggestions and all that, I finally completed the odering process. Let me know how I did please. Here is what I have coming in the mail now.

Mobile 2600
NF7-S
1gb hyperX pc3000

Ordered the board last week, the ram and cpu on in route now. Did I do okay? If you have anything harsh to say, then please just lie to me, I am not sure my heart could take it... lol

thanks for all the help!

Lookin good.. but ahh.. pc3200 ram or better would have helped a ton :) Otherwise it's looking pretty slick.

Thanks!

The reason I went with pc3000 is, I learned that this particular ram overclocks to really good speeds (theoretically) and it was only $224.00 for a 1GB kit. So I am hoping to get some good results.

I should have her up and running this weekend. I will post my results.

My current system is AMD 2100 running at 2230 on the epox 8kae board. Can't remember exact memory settings but its pc2700 crucial. My 9800pro will be moving from it to the new system. I have my old 9500np made 9700 pro to replace it.

this KINGSTON HYPERX PC3000/512 right , 2modules ?

this RAM roxors ...it's 2-2-2-1T i think

Last edited:
Yeah Teddy thats the stuff. Here was my logic on it... I wanted some good memory, decent timings that would max out my FSB on the NF7-S. I figured something that could do 220 and I would not complain if it or my motherboard goes higher then great.

You just may end up hitting the jackpot with that memory. If you get lucky like I did, it could have the same BH5/BH6 IC's that people paying over $350 for quite often. There's usually no difference in the chips used between PC3200 and PC3000; just a matter of luck.

Well, if that is the KHX PC3000 with the BH5, it'll blow your normal PC3200 out of the water with it's speed/latency ratios. If not, it's still an awesome deal for the price, and I would get some with the chance of having BH5 chips before I'd fork over the extra money for PC3200.

Well guys, haha. I am not sure how many of you have ordered or even heard of LACC but after two days they still had not even charged my card nor sent out my order of the hyperX pc3000 so I cancelled it. I was nervous about the company to begin with. So I am now looking at buying the OCZ EB pc3200 1gb kit. I am relieved to say that at least newegg carries this stuff. What do you guys think?

Never heard of them. I had a company do that to me once (but I was buying some throwing knives). They billed me a month and a half after I ordered them, and I had forgotten all about them. I didn't recognize the company's name on my bank records online, so I called them to see what I got billed for, and they told me they just shipped my order. I was thinking, SHEESH! Talk about some poor turnaround time.

Okay have another update: Just purchased 1GB OCZ Enhanced bandwidth pc3500. Actually bought two of them, one for me and one for my friend. I think I got a good deal. $305.00 each, shipped.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, especially seanOmatic.

Of course I will let you all know how it goes, I know its a little overkill for the NF7-S board but I figured I may as well spend 30 bucks more for something I can more use out of.

Back