• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My A64 and shuttle....porblems.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jess1313

i just got in my new a64 3200+ dtr(the CO stepping :mad: ) from new egg, and a shuttle(SN85G4 V2) also from newegg. so im puting it to getther and i put the chip in, and the heatpiped heatsink, and the ram(2x256 muskin 222 special), and the vid card, my radeon 9800 pro, and then i go to hit the button to make sure it posts befor i put my hard drive, and CDROM in, (because it would be hard to get to anything after that if there was a problem, and i get a no post.....
i hit reset and it posted :) , it recognized the A64, counted the ram and then stopped...... hummm, i hit reset again... this time it tryed to go through. i hit del and it said.....intering setup.... at the bottom. i let it set for aproximatly 3 mins and then powered off. then i tryed reseting the ram, then i tryed differint ram(crutial 1x512 3200). and i tryed a geforce 5200 u. then i tryed clearing cmos. and i still get NO post :bang head. any ideas any one......i have tried all i know to try. do need a perticualar ram type for this nforce 150...., could it be that this board doesnt support DTR's(or is there no diff??).....

thanks in advance.....

Hrmmm..... I know others have been having problems with the CG DTR's. You have a C0, so the BIOS shouldn't have a problem detecting it. There shouldn't be a difference between the DTR's and normal desktops at all. Wish I knew what to say...it's POSTing is definitely a good sign though. Could it just be that it doesn't have a HD to boot off of?

well even when it posts, it wont let me into bios, as soon as i hit DEL, if freezes. i have tried with and without hard drives, and CDROM, im sortof bumfuzled...:confused:

now though, i cant even get it to post....:(........

thanks much............

BTW NICE sig......

Sounds somewhat similar to my experience with the 3200 dtr - look at my thread a few posts down. One thing to be aware of is you may have to mod the heatsink mounting method a little to compensate for the lack of a heatspreader. I used a thermalright 947 and I had to cut off about 3/16" of the studs to allow the proper clamping pressure. Are you sure yours is making solid contact and not simply overheating quickly?

i have tried i vien now all night almost. today i contacted shuttle and they said that my ram is not supported my this board and that they couldnt believe that it even posted at all. today im gone go to the local shop and get some diff ram and i will report back

as of now i have crutial pc3200 with a ct646....ect # which shows on the cuitial site not to work, and mushkin 3200 222 special, which shows on the shuttle site not to work, so ill get something anyway, has any one had any luck with these rams in a nforce 3 platform........

I was in fact going to suggest the memory. One of my friends had the same problem in a completely different system(a P4) and it turned it just didn't like his PNY PC2100 memory. The A64 has one of the pickiest memory controllers. I'm just surprised it would have issues with your Mushkin.

well, i got some ram that was "garented" to work. and it acted exactly the same and just to be sure i riged up a desktop powersupply on it, and still the same.:(

because i have no way to test the cpu or the mobo, im going to RMA the DTR and the shuttle tomorrow........

Last edited:
Back