• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying new CPU settings input please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

I know I have quite a few posts with many questions and for the most part the info I have gotten has helped greatly along with the info I have read from quite a few other posts in the forums.

I am trying to narrow down the problem as far as what is causing the bluescreen errors (mostly the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL one I think it was) at various points after windows boots, while running FSB and ram at 166. My previous tries were all in an o/c state of the cpu. So I thought it best to back it down to slightly slower than default speeds at 166x9 (1497 vs default 1533) Keeping the vcore at default 1.5v and for the sake of finding out what the ram is capable of I kept it at default 2.55v.

So far It has passed all basic tests in memtest86+ for 1 pass. I am going to let it go through a couple more at least then boot windows and see if I get any bluescreens like before.

Here is a link to the thread with my cpu o/c state ram tests in it. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=296235

Hope I'm not getting too annoying. But I'm still learning alot of this stuff.

Keep posting your questions, it is what this place is for. :)

The problem is with your RAM I think - you need to find what its limits are. Either ease up on the timings or back off on the FSB or go harder on the vdimm and your problem would likely be alleviated... You could run prime95 as I think that is much better than memtest BTW. Just my opinion though. Either of these will assist you in finding the right balance in those settings for your RAM though.

To isolate your ram and find its limits, drop the CPU multiplier so it is eliminated as a stability issue.

BTW, if you haven't already been contacted, you will be soon about running F@H. If you aren't already involved in a DC project, I hope you'd like to join the team. If you have any questions, PM SavageBasher and he would be happy to help you also.

Welcome to the forums, and have a click on my sig if you'd like to say hello to everyone.

Do you think I need to lower the multiplier farther than the current 166x9? default is 133x11.5.

How much would be too much voltage on the ram with no spreaders?

Timings are as slow as they can at default speeds acording to options in bios.

Yup been contacted but already started running it before for team 32 :)

Forgot to ask what is best prime95 test for ram and best test for cpu testing? I assume large fft s good for mainly cpu testing, and blend for ram testing?

StoneRyno said:
How much would be too much voltage on the ram with no spreaders?

Timings are as slow as they can at default speeds acording to options in bios.
I give my Crucial PC2100 2.8v @ 2.5-3-3-7, and 166fsb, no problems with heat.

i am too running a xp1800 amd chip it is at 144 fsb and multiplyer is set at 14 ,,at standard voltages grrr this board wont let me do voltages :( its currently running as a xp2400 at 2.02 ghz im using unbranded ddr2100 ram ill try and attach a screen shot of wcpuid dont know if it will work though ...

Attachments

• wcpuid.jpg
    wcpuid.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 65
TAL-shiar, I'm aiming to get to that speed although I don't think I'm going to get their at default voltages.... especially considering My previous tests showing bluescreens without increases in voltage. I'm currently trying to find out what the cause of the blue screens is my ram or my cpu or a combination of possible other things.

I'm at work right now and if all is well at home on the pc I will be very happy. Its running with prime95 (torture test blend), folding@home, and united devices. And for about the 1st hour or so I was also working with some misc video editing software while they were running and while I was doing that all went well. There are some scheduled automated events set to run while I'm here at work and if when I get home and see the pc still runnning and no errors I will know that I have made progress In figuring out where the problem is.

Please keep the input coming... it probably won't be long before I reach my goal.... maybe a couple weeks :) or less. Who knows maybe in a short time my experiences here will help someone else that is starting out too.

12 hours straight of prime95 toture test blend option and no errors. :) looks like the pc2100 can handle 166 with no increase of voltage with cpu at 166x9.

I guess the next step is to up the cpu multiplier?

Back