• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase change materials.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrhrhrFOOT

I want to go the water chiller route. Assuming i have nothing but an air conditioner, what else do i need to have a full blown water chiller?

for a window tpye AC youll need to find a container that fits around the evap. i know on some units you can gently bend and manipulate the evap into a res. youll also need to remove the evaps fan and cut the shaft it mounts on to make room for a res.

So, i should have one of those rubbermaid 12 can cooler things? I think i have one of those..
Besides that, will i have to buy anything else?

the size of the res depends on the size of the evap. so when looking for a res try to get 1 that is not too much larger than the evap. it should be big enough for a pump, lines and coolant. the larger the res, the harder the unit has to work. a smaller res results in faster pull-down and will help maintain lower temps.

the systems heat will eventually overtake a large res. i learned this the hard way back in my frige cooling days. getting it cold is easy, keeping it cold is much more difficult

hmm i am thinking of making a water chiller also.....if u have the evap right in the water and it is on a thermomiter and only runs when needed "like have it set a few degress cooler then what u want" and will keep it cool....but i plain on it cooling a GPU, 2 opterons, nb,sb so that is ALOT of heat......so can a freazer handle that with the evap right in there to cool it and have PACKED with insulation? i'm sure i will think of something when the time comes....if not that is what u guys r here 4!

NVM guys i dont even have the AC anymore, my parents need it :(
I'm just gonna use cheap WCing.

Back