• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i got 3 dehumidifiers today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

all run on r-22 two run perfect, one the compressor makes a little bit of noise. but gets very cold, they all will form ice on them.
im going to keep hunting for more.
:D :D :D

rhino56,

What are you going to build? i got my old compressor now out of the fridge that i was going to make my chiller with i think i might try some Vapor.

Lotec25

Lotec25 said:
rhino56,

What are you going to build? i got my old compressor now out of the fridge that i was going to make my chiller with i think i might try some Vapor.

Lotec25
as seen in this pic i plan on building a box on wheels with the promey that will be hidden so it really will just look like a big speaker that my comp is sitting on.
the cold side radiator will chill the antifreeze to below zero temps and i will pump it to the dual 80mm radiator that will blow cold air into my case from the dual front 80mm panaflo H fans.
the hot side radiator will be submerged in another cooler and cooled by just a 120mm fan on a radiator.
the box will of course have plenty of ventilation and sound control.
the one thing that may seem odd is why cool the hot side with water when i could just air cool it also.
but water is much better cooler and more efficient and will be much quieter.
if you have a recommendation for a radiator for that i still havent got that yet.
this will hopefully yield me overall case temps of about 7 to 9C or lower im hoping and be very silent.
lian_li_cooling_box.JPG

im going to be gather up more parts today, im thinking i will use 1/2" mdf for the carcass since it will be on wheels and weight is gonna be pretty heavy anyways.

nice consept but why dont you make the unit seprate from the case make it in to another case and have it sit side by side ? plus what are you using for cooling the water dont you have to add some anti frez

sonicdrive said:
nice consept but why dont you make the unit seprate from the case make it in to another case and have it sit side by side ? plus what are you using for cooling the water dont you have to add some anti frez
i have no idea what you are asking. except the why not side by side. because visibility and sound dampening.

im a bit confused rhino..isn't it just easier to cool ur radiator with a mini air conditioning unit?

overall case temps of about 7 to 9C or lower im hoping

I think it is a cool idea but i am just worried that you might not get out of it what you are looking for. I can get mine down to around -25C in the res and i dont think my temps are going to be - at the cpu and vga. i might be wrong. Also something you might want to think about is that you are going to be cooling the hot side to. That is going to make the box a little hotter then you think even thought it is in a cooler it is going to be hot just an idea to think of. It rocks though i want to see it when it is done.

Lotec25

well i got the 2 waterpumps last night, becketts pond pumps, we will see how they do. i know i had one running for the past five years in my pond with no problems.

this is my second system, the first system was cooled by just the cold side radiator by a ductwork that pulled the cold air in my case from it with one 92mm panaflo case fan.

i was running a sp-94 at the time so i had some major heat in my case. im running the promey now so this is all to cool the video card and NB and SB and ram and everything else.
it all works so much better when its really cold.

my first system is still up and running at my nephews, i gave it to him. the one thing it wasnt was quiet. but it will maintain a case temps of 7C.
this system should be very quiet. im using pretty much a few different areas of expertise that ive been involved with over the past several years.

sound systems. i know how to build some pretty awesome tuned port boxes. im a cabinet maker by trade and build custom furniture.
the box will really absorb the sound of the compressor and fans and will have great airflow also.
if you yell in a open room with no furniture it is loud. now yell in a room with furniture, your not nearly as loud.
now yell into a room full of foam padding. we cant hear you.

here are some simple facts that may be helpful to you all also in building anything.
sound bounces off of things to travel further.
certain shapes and materials disrupt the length of its travel.
if you yell at someone upwind they are less likely to hear you then if they were downwind.
a big can and a small can sitting side by side
they both have an object that projects the same sound within them.
they each sound different. so does each speaker box, seashell, and shape.
by these simple theories i should have have a very cold and very silent computer. i wish it was all that simple as far as sound measurement and cubic displacement vs. airflow. but i should be pretty darn close to a simple low freq hum. way less then a fridge.

Back