• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I like my new cpu.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I sold my old barton, and bought a moble. The difference was about $35. My pc still had the defaults from my old barton in it. I just turned it on and changed the multiplier from 11 to 12.5, and immediatly reinstalled windows.
mobile.JPG

It appears my board overvolts about .03v, but I suppose that isnt a bad voltage for the speed im getting. Running 55c load. I need a new cpu fan, 19cfm just isnt cutting it. Think it was worth $35?

I bought it at excaliberpc. It was a 2600+, $105. I payed just 2 days ago, they probably still have these in stock.

For interest's sake (if I were you) I would buy either SP-97 + 92mm smartfan or tornado (better yet a water cooling set up) and see how high that can go. Looks to be very promising when you run a bit more voltage through there.

wow nice O/C.... i have two 2600+ AQYHA 0346 XPMW's(see sig) and im concidering an upgrade.....hummmm......

you gonna try to turn her up? :)

Seeeee ... I TOLD you you'd like that chip. :D

2500Mhz booting up at 1.68v is awesome, man. Very nice clock ... that chip may end up FLYIN', especially with the right cooling.

Now aren't you glad you listened to my advice? :D If only I had the actual chip instead of living vicariously through you ...

That's awesome! I'm really tempted to buy one of those now after reading your thread, hah. For 35$, that's a really nice improvement.

Good luck with it! Try to get some water cooling in there, that would be awesome. :)

I used to have watercooling, but I realy cant afford it. Im going to get a better fan, im stealing a smartfan of an old volcano heatsink today. It sounds like a tornado lol.

Yuriman said:
Btw I tried 1.6v, and its not stable at 53c. It is stable at 1.625 though.

What are you calling stable mate? I'd be surprised if that would last a few mins, let alone 12 hours in Prime95. Be interesting to know.

If that is stable, then it looks primising ! :)

Oli

I got to say I LIKE MINE TOO :)
L12 trick set multi to 13.5 and 1.57 volts in bios.
I have 1gig of HyperX2700 @ 180 fsb with timings of 2,2,2,4.and mem is at 2.7 volts.
i am @ 36ÿc while surfing I LOVE MY MOBILE.
Multi was locked up to 12.5 now have 13 up to 17 :)
Running asus A7V8X nvidia ultra400

Back