• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP-M 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tuilse

I am planning to get my first AMD machine and have a great interest to oc. Before I head up to buy the gears, I would like to get some recommendations from all experts. I can see 2 differnet Athlon XP-M 2600+ CPU available in the market, one with 45W, 1.45V (AXMG2600FQQ4.....) and the other batch with 72W 1.65V (AXMA2600FKT4......), which one is better for oc? Also, will Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe is a good m/b for oc as well? If not, I notice quite alot of people using Abit NF7, but I don't have much luck with their Slot 1 and Socket 370 m/b, any other suggestions? =p

thanks!!

Welcome to the forums. The mobile 45W is both unlocked for multi adjustment and likely to overclock better than the possibly locked (if post week 40 of 2003) desktop 72 Watter. The abits have moved on a lot since slot A and is the better one to choose especially if overclocking.

hi OC Detctive, thanks for your advice. I know abit NF7S m/b will be more tweakable.... but how will you rate out the A7N8X-E Deluxe?

Back