• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocing my 1700+ jiuhb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

depthad

i have 1700+ jiuhb, NF7-S rev. 2, buffalo 2700, and decent cooling.

i can get to 11x215 stable w/ prime at v1.575.
but i cant get to 11x216 w/ v1.65 stable w/ prime
i dont think that is good to up my vcore that much for such a small fsb raise...
it might be my ram holding me back but i dont think it is.
little help on why i need to up my vcore that much for 1fsb

What 'decent cooling' do you have, and what are your temps at 11x215, 1.575V? I glanced at your sig, and I'm thinking if you're above 45C or so, you should think about improving that, as it very well may be holding you back too.

sorry for not clarifying, i was aboot 46-48C on `11x215 my temps dropped because i was running it in a desk enclosure now it is out of 1. Also the thermal diode for my mobo reads about 4-6ºC to high.

could be the memory maxing out. He is using PC2700. He should be able to push further with PC3200. But there is also these rumors about newer NF7-S with cheaper components.

i've had my nf7-s sence a week or 2 after x-mas. im thinking i should loosin my mem timings..

I think you should as well. Looser timings, more Vdimm. But bottom line is that at 216 MHz FSB your RAM is running 50 MHz over spec. That's a lot. As in 30% over spec.

I understand that you would want the highest possible FSB, but it might be the RAM's limit, in which case just aim for a higher multiplier.

30% isn't something to be sniffed at mind.

i know it isnt bad oc. but i've jad the proc since august of last year and i got it to 1.4 w/ my 8rda 11x120. then my 8rda died... (corrupt bios...)

Back