• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SatanSkin

I plan on transferring the system in my signature into an Aopen H700B. I will most likely be modding the HDD cage down to the bottom-front of the case. And for the new case I plan on putting in some very nice cooling. My options so far are:

1) Watercool CPU, NB, GPU, & HDD and mod the radiator into a mini-fridge for very low temps.

2) A vapochill PE standalone unit modded into the top of the case

3) #2 but with an Innovatek watercooling kit to cool the NB, GPU, & HDD.

My questions are what are your opinions on these? Tell me what you think. Keep in mind I am looking for a solution under $1.000 and yes I do intend to overclock quite a bit. Also, do you think I would be able to fit the standalone Vapochill unit along with the a 120MM fan on a radiator into the top of that case rather easily? I also plan on using at LEAST 2 of those 5.25 bays. Here is a link to the case at newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-130-141&depa=1

Also, anyone that has or had a vapochill (preferrably a PE) please give any suggestions for a nice PSU to run that off of along with quite a few peripherals.

Thanks for all the input in advance.

You could probably fit that all in there but it would be a bit tight if you need to work in the case. I sounds good on paper as far as performance is concerned.

By the way if you mod the radiator into the refrigerator you will have too things to look out for. First off you will have to insulate all the water lines and waterblocks and reserviors. Also using a mini fridge to cool that much stuff may be a little bit too demanding for the fridge.

first...don't get the vapochill pe standalone..its better to get the mach 1 and just rip it out of its black encasing and put it in ur comp...its a bit bigger though..that's arond 500..cheaper and better, then u can get a nice water cooling setup...with maybe a tec on the vid card

First, I don't want to use any tecs unless it is as a water chiller. Second, Do you have link to a mach 1? What is so much better about the mach 1 from the vapo? and does the mach 1 allow you to set hold temps for the cooler so it doesn't cool your cpu below a certain temp?

here is the mach 1 at kit-tronics.com
linky
nVENTIV doesnt heve it on their site ne more (that i see)
i think they are phasing it out
(my 2 cents)

~Magick_Man~

from what I have heard,

Mach I will give much better temps than a Vapochill (and will save some money).

Also why the HDD cooler? with all those water blocks in there, the resistance of the water cooling system (if you go that route) will be very high and the flow rate would suffer resulting in not as good of a cooling.

Anyways, I would go with Mach I on the cpu and a small water cooling loop for the gpu and NB and that will probably give you some very nice results for less than $1000.

(P.S. if you have no prior experience with extreme cooling, I suggest that you stay away from water chilling business since you will need to take careful steps to avoid condensation creeping into your system)

the compressor from the mach 1...is much bigger than the vapochill...and therefore much stronger...and can cool alot better

Back