• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a 220 watt pelt, i need some Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Hi, Iv had this pelt for a little over 2 years now, iv never been able to use it because i never had the money for a new powersupply that put off 24 Amps on the 12v line.

Well now that i got my 550 Antec psu, i dont need my 500 Compusa psu anymore but it has 16 Amps on the 12v line. I know that isnt enough to fully power the Pelt but i still its plenty to cool the cpu in the teens if not lower.

#1 How do i properly seal my computer so it wont like fry from the water will accour by condensation.

#2 Where do i plugg the 2 wires in @ , if i remember the red wire goes into the Yellow Plug on a molex, and the black goes into a black wire on the molex, Can or should i use the +12v Connector on the Psu you know the sqaure thing with 2 yellow and 2 black wires that all AMD's and Intel mobo's use now adays or would the molex be better.

Im trying to get passed 2600mhz hopefully i will be able to reach 2700mhz if not more. I have a maze3-1 water block the attachment in my tool box for the pelt so it isnt a problem to mount it. Do ya think Id have a major water problem, or do ya think Id be ok for testing for maybe 20 min or so just to take pics until i really start to seal my pc, Of course I'll keep the tower down on its side to keep water from dripping my video card.

whatever thanks for yer help guys....

I hooked up the pelt using my guestament and it worked but i got 2700 on my desktop but in windows befoee i do anything it locked up the reason being is the 16amps on that psu wasnt enough to power the thing and the temps went from 14c to 40 in like 1 minute

Last edited:
i am not really sure, i am trying to get a pelt setup

not sure if you noticed but it usually takes a day or two to get any good responses
(my 2 cents)

~Magick_Man~

that pelt won't work on that PSU. THe pelt has a certian resistance, which will cause a cirtain amount of current to flow. At 12 volts, somethingk like 20 amps of current will go through the pelt. Connecting it to a 12V line that can only handle 16 amps, will still put 20 amps through the powersupply, generally causeing it to turn off, or giving it other problems, like overheating and strange voltage outputs.

To run that powersupply at 12Volts, you need a PSU that can handle at least 25 amps on the 12 volt line. Any less that this and it will just kill the powersupply.

Back