• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+M stuck at 2500Mhz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hay112

Registered
I just uprgraded from a 2600+ barton desktop that was overclocked to (200 X 11.5) @ 1.75vcore....

so i was expecting way better numbers from this 2600+M that i got from newegg which by the way is has an "A" stepping

I can get 2400mhz (12 X 200) @ 1.75 and i can get 2500mhz (12.5 X 200) @ 1.85 but i did get the blue screen of death one time at 2500mhz. So i wanna at least get 2600Mhz but no matter how high i raise the vcore i can't get windows to start at (13 X 200), i went all the way up to 2.10vcore.

Here's a few of my goodies:

Abit NF7-S
raidmax case with 350w power supply that came with the case
Kingston 3200 DDR value ram @ 11-3-3-3

Do you think my power supply is limiting me?

By the way i can't get my FSB over 200 probably due to my cheap ram, If i was to upgrade to faster ram do you think i can get higher FSB numbers or is it something else limiting me?

Please Help!!

Correction i just got it to boot up at 2600Mhz @ 2.00vcore , and it worked for about 10 minutes, then after i ran PCMark i got the blue screen of death.

Any suggestions

the A or AQYHA from what i understand you have , isnt as good as the IQYHA or the I stepping.

So i say ur normal.

Oh have u done the L12 mod

I haven't tried the L12 mod yet.

But even with my desktop 2600 i was limited to 200fsb.

does the L12 mod only help FSB?

hummm....

first whats your temps...

second, mabye your power supply, whats your rails look like....LOL i *had* that same power supply, it came with my raidmax. it wasnt to hot, all my rails were really low.

before i upgraded to my antec TP 430 i couldnt get past [email protected]+ Vcore now im rockin prime stable [email protected] vcore:)

i good powersupply makes a world of differents, but nothings for sure in O/Cing. you might change P/S and it completely turn around, and then it might not do any thing for it, but i would say that its definaly worth a try.:)

good luck!

My temps are nice getting around 43 idle around 49 100%...

I'm not exactly sure how to read these off, but here goes

these are from MBM 5

Core 1 @ 2.85

+3.3 @ 3.33V

+5 @ 5.03V

+12 @ goes from 11.73V to 11.92V

-12 @13.26V

-5 @ 5.14V

I've got one of the 35W mobiles and it won't do 2600 either. I think 2500 is about the best you can get out of a barton core on air without getting lucky.

I never thought I see the day when people complain about a 500Mhz+ overclock.

Quit it.

(which by the way is has an "A" stepping) could be holding you back..But hay $100 bucks it's still awesome.

I know it seems like i'm whining, but i'm just curious more than anything on what's holding me back...plus i see people all the time getting 2600mhz and higher on their mobiles

It's your power supply. If you can do 1.75v at 2.4GHz stabily, but 1.9v+ gives you problems then its probably the culprit. Try out 2.4GHz with 2.1v and see what happens. Raidmax power supplies are...less than exemplary. I'd replace it anyways. What sort of cooling do you have?

Definitely look into replacing your power supply. This is my bang/buck favorite; got me into the 2.6GHz range at 2.1v without any problems.

hay112 you need to IM me pronto!

I have a very similar setup. Screw high clocks..... your RAM is *probably* Hynix like mine. I also have Kingston ValueRAM

Im currentally stable @ 247 x 10 with a 2400+ Mobile at 1.775v. Set your RAM timings to "Auto" (it should be 3-4-4-11 when using 'Auto') and increase your FSB.

High FSBs blow the pants off *any* system, reguardless of clock speed. My rig and Gautum's are living proof of this.

If you get ur mobile into the 240 range and you have a decent clocking Radeon 9800PRO, You *will* get atleast 20k in 3dmark2001SE

AIM me when Im on: Sentential03

hopefully mine will hit 2400 prime stable :) havnt test it yet, going to pop it's cherry tonight

maybe you should try increasing your FSB, instead of your multiplier.

For my 1800+, I can only get to 2.3Ghz by increasing the multiplier. But I can hit 2.4Ghz by increasing the FSB. Try that......

On my Desktop 2600 i was running at (11.5*200) @ 1.75...with the same nf7-s and kingston value ram pc3200

And on the subject of raising my FSB on my new mobile....I can't!!!
My ram sucks, i've tried everything to raise i've even relaxed my timing to 11-4-4-3 and still i can't even get to 210

Back