• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morefsb = more voltage for the cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I have a question, my cpu is acting wierd maybe normal but iv never seen this happen before.

When i stay @ 200fsb, i only need 1.82v to run my cpu @ 2300mhz stabily. But if i go to 210fsb i need to use 1.87v.

Now if i use 200fsb and 2400mhz i only need to use 1.95v, But if i go to 210fsb i need to use 2v.

Is it normal for me to need more voltage for the higher Fsb ?

Now outa these 4 settings what would u use

1). 200fsb 2300mhz 1.82v Idle 32c Load 47c
2). 210fsb 2300mhz 1.87v Idle 32c Load 48c

3). 200fsb 2400mhz 1.95v Idle 35c Load 49c
4). 210fsb 2400mhz 2.00v Idle 35c Load 51c

Right now im using choice 4.

Last edited:
I asked tho same ? a few days ago and got no definate answer. Me and another concluded that we think that the fsb does have some direct effect on the cpu vcore @ high fsb speeds. Are those temps from the die or socket? I would go w/ #2, 3 and 4 seem to be getting hot (dangerously hot if those are the socket temps)because if your system acts anything like mine when I put it under load @ 1.8 or so Vcore the die is about 10c hotter in most cases.

Last edited:
CandymanCan as i know abit read temp from the socket that mean your diode temp is 8~12c higher (depand an cooling quality)
but generaly it about 10c higher
mean 54c socket 64c diode === high temp
u should get better cooling or slow down your chip
i suggest to dont go over 60c (50~55c is ideal)

I have one of those probs in the socket and its touching the bottom of the cpu i know this cuss i put some AS3 on the tip put the cpu inand raised the prob a little until the cpou had a small dot on it.

I have to add that i was wrong on those temps. I turned my house heat to 80f, closed my door and windows. And had the computer on playing Bf1942 Doing prime95 ect, i have sweat all over. I did this all night for like 6 hours .

It only gets to 51c max. On a regualr day where i have the AC on it only gets about 48c.

Thier is no better cooling then water, well thier is but im not getting Prometia or some other crazy coolinglike pelts or whatever. I have a fan shroud on the rad thier 2 inches thick with 2 92mm fans using the black ice extreme. That is Adequite cooling, as it shows when i take the load off my cpu temp drops 10-15c in under 2 minutes.

And since when is the cpu 10c Hotter internally. Iv had a Diod board before and it read just like the Prob did it was only 2c diff in temps.

Since im planning on getting a 2600+ Mobile im just ganna keep the thing @ #4

Last edited:
Back