• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

zalman cnps7000a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

intx

anyone here using one of these on an AMD processor? how much above ambient temperature is your cpu at full speed? (or just give me your case and cpu temps)

Taisol CGK760172 Cooler
Ambient: 26 C
Case: 41 C
Socket: 51 C
Diode: 64 C
CPU Fan: 5117 rpm
P/S Fan: 1654 rpm

Zalman CNPS7000A-CU Cooler
Ambient: 28 C
Socket: 39 C
Diode: 44 C
CPU Fan: 2311 rpm
P/S Fan: 1622 rpm

MisterEd said:
Taisol CGK760172 Cooler
Ambient: 26 C
Socket: 51 C
Diode: 64 C
CPU Fan: 5117 rpm
P/S Fan: 1654 rpm

Zalman CNPS7000A-CU Cooler
Ambient: 28 C
Socket: 39 C
Diode: 44 C
CPU Fan: 2311 rpm
P/S Fan: 1622 rpm

ambient temperature is the temperature of the room, and case is the temperature inside the case?

How is it that you have the cpu cooler than the case temperature? Is your CNPS7000A-CU ducted?

Originally posted by intx ambient temperature is the temperature of the room, and case is the temperature inside the case?
I have a desktop digital thermometer to keep track of ambient (room) temperature. It is uesful to know it since the other temperatures are relative to it. The case temperature is taken somewhere on the motherboard. I do not know where that is but some motherboards have it near the northbridge.
Originally posted by intx How is it that you have the cpu cooler than the case temperature? Is your CNPS7000A-CU ducted?
I am not sure where the case temperature is being taken. If it is near the northbridge then that could explain it. The northbridge only has a heatsink to cool it. No it is not ducted. The Zalman is just a big piece of finned copper with a large slow rotating fan on top. It takes all this to force the temperature down since the XP2800+ is one of AMD's hottest CPUs.

Back